Senior User Interface Designer: Financial – Cape Town
We have a super opportunity for a Senior User Interface Designer at one of the country’s leading financial institutions in Cape Town. This is a specialist role for their Marketing and Communications department. The successful candidate will work with and provide Design services across Digital Marketing (Web, Social Media and Digital Marketing areas). You will be required to utilise usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future Design improvements. In this role you will work in collaboration with business users and IT to improve usability, usefulness and desirability of websites and applications. The ideal candidate possesses an ability to translate business requirements into functional user interfaces. If you are creative and passionate about ensuring user friendly interaction that looks as good as it functions, get in touch.
- Collect testing needs from internal clients, and determine priorities that are consistent with business goals and objectives
- Develop usability test plans and scripts
- Conduct and report on test analysis
- Generate wireframes (paper or electronic “sketches”) and prototypes as needed
- Create storyboards, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate user interaction
- Engaging in research projects, employing observational techniques to better understand user motivations and behaviours
- Plan and facilitate usability sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback
- Present findings and recommendations that drive future design improvements
- Conceptualise ideas that generate user friendliness on complex systems
- Gain, develop and maintain a high-level knowledge of all the capabilities and skill sets within the digital design industry
- Ensure continued professional development in personal area of specialism.
- Building relationships with clients, third party partners and Digital Marketing colleagues.
- Contribute to team resource planning and integration.
- Consider use of all resources (material, time, equipment) when executing duties to contribute towards effective usage of team expense budgets.
- Participate in and contribute to Post Project Reviews.
- Willing to be flexible and open to trying new and innovative approaches and solution.
- Play an active role in client meetings.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships across disciplines.
- Actively share knowledge and experience.
- Offer project support and assistance to Senior Designers.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant University Degree
- Proven UI experience
- Portfolio – essential
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site map
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Able to lead with influence
- Personal mastery/always learning
- Able to coach/mentor team resources.
- Able to contribute towards a high performance team functioning
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!