Internal Communications Specialist: Financial Industry – Johannesburg
We have a wonderful opportunity in Johannesburg for a mid-weight Communications Specialist who has exceptional writing skills. The role’s strong focus on the writing of internal communications for a leading concern in the financial sector will see you creating newsletters, internal publications, internal campaigns and more. You will be tasked with identifying, developing, presenting and reviewing the effectiveness of the communication function within respective allocated departments. The role requires some judgement despite being governed by clear processes, policies and procedures. We’re looking for someone who can schedule, allocate and effectively manage resources within their own area of responsibility.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development, planning for, and implementation of the operational framework, processes, systems and policies of the Communication function, partnering with theCommunication Manager and the Marketing Consultant to optimise the Marketing service delivery.
- Contribute to best-practice communication design.
- Build and maintainrelationships with all relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate advice for all marketing communication initiatives is given.
- Responsible for copywriting, editing and approval of all internal communication and articles
- Provide content and input to the other Marketing Specialist areas, where required
- Draft the content for internal and external requirements e.g. newsletters, marketing collateral, publications etc.
- Ensure that all communication and documentation is in line with legislation and written in plain English.
- Continuously research and monitor the impact of communications using internal and external data resources to identify areas of improvement and effectiveness/success
- Work collaboratively within Marketing as well as with external resources to provide an effective and efficient communication service.
- Ensure strict compliance to branding standards and trademarks.
- Contribute to the optimisation of realisation, cross-selling and collaboration opportunities through appropriate relationships and Communication Management efforts to maximise brand image to the market segment.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- Previous experience within the corporate department of a Financial Institution
- Relevant writing portfolio
- 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- The capacity to persuade, convince, influence others for the purpose of achieving desired results
- Results oriented
- Consistently delivers required business results
- Able to set and achieve achievable, yet aggressive, goals
- Able to consistently comply with quality standards and meets deadlines
- Focused on organisational goals
- Business knowledge – Activities, tasks and practices associated with obtaining and using high level of knowledge in business areas, functions and products
- Planning skills – Establishing a clear course of action, involving others as appropriate, managing activities and monitoring results to accomplish a specific goal
- Able to meet and/or exceed the clients’ expectations in regard to service delivery
- Strategic planning: corporate communications – The ability to plan, implement, manage and review corporate communications to support organisational strategy in terms of vision, values and brand awareness
- Business writing skills – The capacity to communicate ideas, facts and quantitative data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax, sentence and document structure in the business environment
- Good judgement
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!