Interior/Architectural Designer – Cape Town
Do you have style, flair and other first-rate skills? We’re on the hunt for an energetic and sophisticated, mid to senior Interior/Architectural Designer. The successful candidate will join the team at a leading company that specialises in large scale residential & commercial projects both locally & internationally. We’re looking for someone highly skilled in AutoCAD, who is driven and committed to producing and promoting excellence in Design.
Include but are not limited to:
- Attending client & contractor meetings in terms of briefings, presentations, minutes and subsequent follow up.
- Doing site evaluations and measured surveys.
- Development of Concept Design and the preparation of Concept design into detailed design and the full working drawing packages based thereon.
- The preparation of council drawing package and documentation.
- Co-ordination of Engineer’s details into drawing packages.
- Joinery design development and detail drawings.
- Issuing and administration of project documentation.
- Meeting with contractors and suppliers to brief them on the drawing packages and schedules for construction purposes.
- Attending site to give setting out & construction detail advice and ensure compliance with the issued drawing package.
- Attending regular meetings with contractor to inspect and facilitate the works.
- Preparing and issuing Practical; Works & Final completion lists to the contractor.
- Preparing ‘As Built’ drawing packages.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelors Degree or other recognised tertiary qualification in Interior Design, Architecture or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Interior Architect/Designer
- Highly proficient and skilled in AutoCAD (ESSENTIAL) and SketchUp (nice to have)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Basic working knowledge and understanding of Photoshop and Adobe.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to excellence in design, design execution
- Able to demonstrate advanced understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior architecture with the ability to develop interior design element components
- Able to manage own multiple complex projects through all phases from proposal through to construction
- Ability in drawing up costings, schedules and other project documentation
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction efficiently with confidence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Talented at building positive client relationships
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to work within a developed organisational
- Keen interest in following international design trends with respect to both interiors / architecture and product design.
- An overall interest in other facets of creativity such as art, sculpture, fashion and film.
- Well-versed at handling client presentations
On application please attach your CV, portfolio PDF and/or link to portfolio.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!