Lead Graphic Designer/Art Director: In-House – Cape Town
We have a superb opportunity for a Lead Graphic Designer/Art Director to take the Design reins at a luxury lifestyle brand’s in-house studio in Cape Town’s southern suburbs. The role will see you working within the regional team of Designers, Social Media Mangers, Project Managers and Agents to deliver Design and Art Direction against specific briefs to deliver the necessary objectives. You will be required to conceptualise creative ways to solve business problem/s and create campaigns that meet these objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for the use of Design elements; Typography, Photography and layout on multiple projects simultaneously in order to deliver creative work in 360 mediums to multiple stakeholders locally and nationally. We’re looking for someone with the ability to work independently as well as comfortably with a variety of personalities. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing in-house boutique agency that is leading the marketing for a corporate company nationally and internationally. The business is driven by big vision and goals for change. Made up by loyal and passionate people it offers a truly unique culture that is the perfect mix of strategically driven, professional and business-centric but underpinned with core values. Will you be the next invaluable member of the team?
- Understand the business problem or opportunity and problem solve creative ways to represent a concept visually
- Determine which typography, photography or design elements to use
- Create an effective campaign using Design and layout and constantly drive innovation in your approach to delivery
- Use information hierarchy to assist in the layout of an ad or design
- Stay on top of brand Corporate Identity guidelines to ensure rules are applied correctly and the company’s luxury brand is represented in all work
- Work as part of a team with Copywriters, Digital, Strategy, Client Service and leadership
- Keep up to date on Design and Advertising trends, share inspiring work and lead creativity within your team and stakeholders.
- Commit to improving the quality of creative thought and constantly drive innovation in the brand executions
- Ensure software skills are up to date
- Commit to learning and understanding the industry, undertake independent research for each brief and become a creative expert in communicating in the industry
- Translate a visual style across several mediums effectively to create campaigns against agent objectives.
- Understand the role of sales driven and leads driven creative executions.
- Leverage your ability to research topics that relate to the brief, use these findings as inspiration, and then create direction & scamps of the designs/layout for approval.
- Once the route has been chosen use experience of design software to create the finished product through to finished art and deliver.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised institution
- Design abilities in print (with ability to direct print design into digital format)
- Minimum 7 years’ previous experience in an Advertising or Design agency – preferable.
- Confident presenter and ability to sell your own creative work
- Team player and independent worker
- Ability to work comfortably with different personalities – paramount
- Ability to present and sell creative concepts and use mood boards and other creative sales techniques (often within PowerPoint) to drive creative uptake amongst stakeholders.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!