Media Account Director: Strategic Media Agency – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Here is an exciting opportunity for a senior Media Account Director to work at an innovative, strategic media agency that is underpinned by a global communication network. This is a fabulous client facing role that comes with the responsibilities of an Integrated Strategist. The successful candidate will undertake the management of a varied client portfolio, which includes a large financial services business and a sports club. You’ll be tasked with delivering on agency contracts KPIs and maintenance of staff in the unit. You will also be responsible for maximising agency revenue and business development. As a member of the senior management team you will contribute to the effective management of the agency. We’re looking for someone dynamic and ambitious to champion and lead the implementation of the agency’s Business Strategy, uniting and integrating network talent to deliver innovative, brilliant solutions and business value to clients. You will own, drive and deliver the business’ financial targets – growing agency profitably and maximising income from existing clients.
- Leverage off tools and capabilities available within the Global platform to aide operational efficiency in SA and SSA
- Drive and align with the culture and values within the business
- Drive integration (one P&L) across companies in the network
- SSA: Review if any opportunities exist. Take responsibility for coordination and implementation of strategies and plans across SSA for your clients where relevant.
- Training and implementation on Circuit, CCS, CCS Planner, Ecosystems and all other relevant tools. Ensure our clients have been exposured to the SSA Creds and the SSA team.
- Fully up to speed on Preferred Partners and maximise where possible.
- Set upfront targets by client, track on a monthly basis and aim to achieve delivery by client by media owner.
- Work out strategy to maximise revenue to trading partners. Drive process for sign-off on money spent and improve controls.
- Share periodic targets by client by media owner.
- Gain a leadership position in Digital
- Deliver integrated strategies and plans which include digital, this should be considered seriously for every single brief.
- Support and ensure you upskill your knowledge of Programmatic buying via Amnet.
- Identify gaps in your knowledge and the team for necessary training. Complete Circus Street Training module to up-skill to the required standard
- Show continued improvement in Digital to traditional spend ratio at across most clients.
- Monthly revenue forecast and tracking against projections based on business insights
- Assist in chasing clients for payment (ensure PO Process is followed) which affects cash flow and delivery on monthly targets
- Drive revenue through new business opportunities – existing (OOS opportunities) and new clients
- Extracting greater value – achieve improved extraction, maximising opportunities by client. This includes your account management skills and managing client relationships.
- See portfolio targets on monthly tracker. Achieve 70%+ PRIP Scores with clients.
- Drive innovation within your unit
- Identify award winning work and take responsibility for producing phenomenal entries and entering into awards. This includes all digital and OOH awards categories too.
- Most Awards: Be aware of the 7 criteria that media owners are measured on. Ensure the company builds excellent media owner relationships with clients throughout the year.
- Enter 1-3 Awards per annual per portfolio. Contribution to MOST Awards.
- Identify areas where you wish to be trained further also ensure you have a mentorship programme in place in your unit.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry-related tertiary qualification
- A relationship builder with people
- Attention to detail (accuracy)
- Able to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Strategic within media & channel thinking
- Analytical skills – mine insights from data
- Can-do attitude
- Team player
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Presentation and persuasive skills
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!