Mid-Weight Digital Art Director/Designer: Tech – Cape Town
We have an absolutely terrific opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Art Director/Designer at a fabulously funky global technology company’s Cape Town office. This role is ideal for someone looking for a change of scenery from agency life. If you’ve earned your stripes (and your scars) in the agency world, but have grown a bit tired of the mayhem, and not really “owning” the brands you’ve worked on, we’d like to talk to you. If you’ve been freelancing successfully, but are getting a bit weary of serving 15 masters who all want everything yesterday, we’d like to talk to you. If you know that design and branding is about a lot more than just visual identity, then we’d like to talk to you. If you want to work with a company that’s young, and fun, but you also want a life beyond the Mac, then we’d like to talk to you. The company’s app, technology suite and the cloud-based platform behind it are all winners with clients around the world. We’re looking for a design lead who wants to do more than “make it pretty”, who will work to understand the business and apply smart, engaging design that helps convey a message (not just make the message look nice). They are a small, close-knit team and as such this role will actually be many roles, and you’ll like that. Most importantly – you’ll own the brand. It will be your baby to nurture, raise and make awesome. Perks include very flexible working hours (nobody likes traffic); huge potential to grow with the company and a chance to work in a stunning, very collaborative environment in a lovely, creative office space. This is an ideal role for an ambitious Digital Art Director/Designer who wants to access and explore the functioning of the business.
- Helping to define and enhance the company’s brand, and applying it to everything (from website to sales collateral to branded Stan Smith’s).
- Owning that brand, and helping to manage external suppliers in conjunction with the Marketing Director.
- Driving (along with the Marketing Director) all aspects of a global advertising campaign. You’ll have input into concepts, strategy and of course, lead the Design.
- Mentoring younger Designers.
- Feeding into every other aspect of our business, from app UI/UX to offline events.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- At least 5 years of strategic Art Direction, brand development and implementation experience.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Expert-level Digital Design.
- Experience working with Developers (you don’t need to write the code, but you need to know what makes their lives easier).
- A portfolio that shows diverse, comprehensive brand work and real-world business design.
- Experience with video production and/or animation would be a major bonus.
- Proactive – No waiting around being told what to do.
- Obsessed with being the best – You don’t need to be told to make it better, you seek out opportunities to do so.
- Committed – We serve clients around the world, and there are times when you need to engage out of hours.
- Friendly – We’re a small office, personality is worth its weight in gold.
- A leader and guide – we have a learning culture, and you may be asked to help others develop their skills based on your knowledge and experience.
The consultant will get back to you