Marketing Assistant: FMCG Sector – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A wonderful opportunity has become available for a Marketing Assistant at a leading, family run company in the FMCG sector. We’re looking for someone bubbly and enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude and passion for Marketing in the consumer space. The ideal candidate is driven, analytically minded and strategic in their thinking. Don’t miss out, get in touch today!
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the coordination and functionality of the Marketing department’s activities.
- Update spread sheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Manage total Point of Sale stock – stock takes done – stock must balance. If stock running low – stock needs to be ordered
- Assisting and supporting regional Promotional and Marketing activities. Calculate costs on point of sale material and cost and profitability of the promotion. Order Point of Sale if required.
- Responsible for coordinating all in store promoters
- Assist in the organising of promotional events and attend them to facilitate their success
- Continuously look for new and innovative ideas for point of sale / promotional ideas/products
- Coordination of label requests
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Spend time in the trade with the Sales team to understand the business and assist with Customer interactions
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree – Marketing or equivalent
- 2 – 3 years’ experience, preferably with agencies who support the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Knowledge of Brand Strategy and application across channel, including local Marketing
- Budget and Project Management knowledge
- Understanding of the key drivers of Brand health across entire portfolio
- Knowledge of key consumption occasions, shopper messaging, and methods of activation
- “Can do” attitude
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!