Proofreader: Global FMCG Company – Cape Town
A leading global skincare company based in Cape Town is on the hunt for a meticulous Proofreader. We are looking for someone to join the team managing the artworking, typesetting and proofreading of all packaging and website content. The company’s products are sold in over 130 countries and they provide localised packaging for each country, which means you’ll be working with multiple languages. As such a keen interest in and an affinity for languages is a must even though you do not need to be multi-lingual. The company’s product offering and services are continually growing making it an exciting and innovative place to work.
- Ensuring that typesetting/artworking errors are eliminated before sending artwork out to distributors and thereafter to the printers or for online publishing.
- Checking translated text for any inconsistencies and obvious errors before it is passed to the artworker
- Ensuring that the text used in the artwork matches the original
- Examining the text carefully for any typographical errors, mistakes or omissions
- Ensuring the layout and formatting is consistent with the master templates and in line with print or online specifications.
- Ensuring that updated packaging version control numbers are accurately reflected in distributor ordering system and manufacturing system. In time this function will be automated, but until then the proofreader will need to be cognisant of the business processes and systems that support our “just in time” manufacturing.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant University Degree – essential
- Affinity for languages
- Previous packaging experience – advantageous
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Someone who gets a kick out of finding inconsistencies and mistakes that 99.9% of people would miss.
- A keen interest in languages, alphabets, scripts and typography – but you are expected to be a polylinguist
- Advanced experience with MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Good understanding of typesetting/artworking best practice
- Willing to learn new programmes and, from time to time, new processes and procedures.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you