Design Director: Award-Winning International Design Agency – Shanghai, China
We have a once in a lifetime, thrilling opportunity for an adventurous Design Director with travel to the East on their horizon! Yes, you read that right, it’s in China and it’s such an exciting opening. So, if you’re looking for a true lifestyle change whilst working at an award-winning International Design Agency in Shanghai, this is for you! This highly reputable agency is on the hunt for a Design Director who’ll deliver creative excellence and produce strategic design solutions to ensure the best outcome for their clients. You’ll be working on well-known blue chip FMCG brands (as well as some local ones) alongside an ex-at Creative Director who are looking for an impressive portfolio with FMCG packaging designs and memorable brand communication. With an excellent package, including relocation and remuneration, this role has plenty of opportunities for you to be working within and alongside global teams.
We’re looking for someone who can take their passion, creative excellence and create strategic design solutions that demand the best response. The role encompasses idea generation and concept development, design, art direction and will give you a chance to show off your strategic understanding, excellent communication skills (internal and client facing) and your ability to grow professionally, consistently. Do. Not. Miss. This!
- Providing clear direction to designers, illustrators, finished artists as well as outside 3rd party suppliers
- Supporting the Creative Director in representing design in strategic client presentations, meetings and de-briefs.
- Ability to think strategically, be able to contribute and add value to briefs
- Passion for and understanding of fast moving consumer goods and packaging
- Innovative – ability to provide creative solutions that exceed clients’ expectations and go beyond the brief
- Time management: Accountability to deliver on agreed timelines
- Excellent communication skills – both internally with client service as well as being able to provide solid rationale to clients.
- Deliver ideas and designs that are memorable and that can stand alone without any additional communication
- Assess ideas against this opportunity and select ideas that best fit.
- Develop a clear communication hierarchy.
- Identify opportunities for furthering and extending the brief.
- Participate in ‘brainstorming’ sessions.
- Convert ideas and concepts to design.
- Provide clear direction to illustrators, finished artists, photographers and printers to maximise outcome and ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Anticipate client objections, reactions and questions, and prepare responses together with Account Service.
- Hold post analysis discussions with account service to understand effectiveness.
- Inspire account service to work beyond their “natural comfort zones” so great ideas can become great solutions.
- Undertake and assume full responsibility for the development and on-going management of the agency brand’s corporate identity and image.
- Generate ideas, gain approval and project manage all tasks related to every facet of the company’s external communication.
- Specific project tasks may include total development and design of the following: website, new business presentation materials, all external literature (e.g. postcards, letterhead, business cards, mail outs, advertising), folio photography, style guides and signage.
- Take action to keep abreast of changes within the fast-moving consumer goods sector and innovations in packaging.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant University Degree from a recognised institution
- 5+years Brand, FMCG and Packaging experience – a must!
- Client facing skills
- Design Direction Portfolio
- Solid team building and mentoring skills.
Please submit a relevant portfolio as a link/PDF on application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you