Digital Content Writer: Integrated Agency – Cape Town
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a junior-mid Digital Content Writer at a super integrated agency based in Cape Town. In this role you will be responsible for both long and short form Digital copy (including Social Media posts, blogs and website copy, banners, search ads, etc.). We’re looking for someone from an online writing background (perhaps a magazine). We’re not looking for a Digital agency Copywriter but someone who has experience as an in-house online or long form online writer who has a gift for engaging delivering content. The successful candidate will enjoy working across a variety of accounts in a fabulous young and vibey agency with some of the best in the business. Is it you?
- Create informative, factually correct and appealing content within each brands’ voice and style, speaking to each brands’ goals
- Proofreads and edits own work as well as the work produced by the Junior Copywriter
- Oversees the conceptualisation, creation and editing of all content in the Digital department as well as the agency when needed
- Keeps all content fresh, informative, appealing, within each brands’ voice and style and speaking to each brands’ goals
- Leads and manages a Junior Copywriter
- Implements quality checks to ensure that all content stays within brand guidelines, is consistent with the brand, is legal and appropriate, and factually correct
- Identifies new content opportunities and directions
- Makes changes or implements new developments to content in line with client feedback, analytics results and brand changes
- Develops a strong database of skilled outside content producers to fulfil content requirements as and when needed
- Hires and manages a team of skilled content creators when needed, with guidance and assistance from HR and Head of Digital
- Conducts competitive analysis and content audits to provide recommendations on content standards, needed improvements, and content gaps
- Keeps brand playbooks and other guideline documents up to date and easy to understand
- Ensures all content production stays within budget as specified by Account Manager
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3 years’ experience
- Keen and thorough editing ability
- Ability to understand, communicate and guide content within a brand’s style, voice and speaking to their goals.
- Excellent writing skills – clear, interesting and persuasive
- Understanding of Social Media platforms and what content is possible, is effective and fulfils each brand’s role
- An understanding of how SEO, keyword targeting and link building works and how to write in a way that makes a brand’s website searchable and popular
- Up-to-date with current Digital content trends and how to effectively utilise them.
- Leadership skills
- Organisational management skills
- Understand and work towards the goals and targets set for each brand through a strategic content-based approach
- Knowledge in persuasive email marketing
- Content strategy, working with the Digital Strategist
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you