Digital Editor: Technical Content – Cape Town
We have a terrific opportunity for an experienced, mid-senior Digital Editor: Technical Content at a global operations excellence management company’s Cape Town office. The company’s primary focus is aimed at optimising the manufacturing and supply chains industries.
In this role you will serve as a Digital Content specialist and will be responsible for the sourcing and compiling of technical documentation online. The job also calls for you to maintain and update structured content/documentation and prepare outputs in various formats by using the company’s publishing and content management software for the use of global blue-chip corporations. You’ll work alongside the Content Development Manager and will be part of a larger team responsible for generating content on supply chain and operations best practices. You will be required to source, compile and edit new content with a special focus on using digital platforms and tools including crowd content sourcing. You will also work with existing content and re-purpose this for various channels and personae. You’ll be responsible for providing ongoing direction and guidance to the organisation on best-in-class digital tools to support content sourcing and compilation and be expected to work with the organisation’s content management software. This is a highly technical role and as such, we’re looking for someone with strong technical writing and editing experience as well as experience with digital content sourcing or research.
Perhaps you have experience as a ‘Commissioning Editor’ for an e-learning company/tertiary education text book publishing company where you have worked with more technically-oriented content in topics like engineering or similar. If you’re the expert we’re looking for, send us your CV and portfolio today!
- Research and source new Content using Digital tools.
- Re-purpose and edit existing Content for defined purposes.
- Develop an understanding of the core product Content.
- Ensure that all documents and images meet established quality and formatting standards.
- Work closely with the Content Development Manager.
- Assist in developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for Content creation, distribution, maintenance, and re-purposing.
- Foster positive, collaborative relationships with other functional areas within the organisation.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of our content workflows and products.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Masters’ Degree (minimum) in Linguistics or Information and Knowledge Management (or related) – non-negotiable
- An MBA – ideal
- Technical writing experience – non-negotiable
- Content sourcing, commissioning or research experience, preferably digital – non-negotiable
- An IT certificate/qualification – advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Digital Content Management.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical content development and instructional design experience – essential.
- Experience in working with a content management system and version control is essential.
- Experience in supply chain management or the manufacturing environment
- Experience in supply chain, manufacturing, continuous improvement and/or people development is highly desirable.
- Achievement orientation with the ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently, is flexible and solutions-driven.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good time management skills and self-managed.
- Highly organised.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Passionate about operational excellence.
- Highly detail orientated.
- An openness to feedback and willingness to adjust behaviour and actions to meet the team’s needs.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you