Creative Director: TTL Agency – Port Elizabeth
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a very exciting opportunity on our books for a talented and inspiring Creative Director at a fabulous Through-the-Line agency in PE. It is important that the successful CD be both conceptual and technically skilled. We are looking for someone that will be able to inspire the team creatively while being able to lead effectively. Someone who will give guidance and valuable contributions to the projects the team works on. In this role you need to be able to ignite a creative spark in the team and feel comfortable managing a studio complement of 13. Ideally you come from an Art Direction/Design background, but a Copy-based CD may also be considered. We need someone who has their finger on the pulse for the role. You will need to understand the nuances and intricacies of the South/& African consumer and emerging markets and FMCG experience is a plus. If you are able to follow advertising trends and deliver meaningful and culturally, contextually relevant campaigns that are a true reflection of the times, we want to hear from you.
- Attend strategy meetings for new business
- Meet with creative team to check the status of current projects and assign new projects
- Lead brainstorming sessions with creative teams to develop ad campaigns based on client’s needs
- Create advertising proposals for clients
- Pitch (convincingly) concepts to clients
- Being accountable for the design and copy quality of all projects
- Direct and concept as well as execute creative material when needed
- Manage and mentor the designers, art directors, copywriters, and DTP/production
- Lead projects, critique work and approve final design executions
- Inspire creative team to constantly strive for excellence in the work they produce
- Set and maintain creative standards for the department and enforce accountability when standards are not met
- Challenge and introduce new and innovative methods of creative execution
- Assist the traffic manager in ensuring deadlines are met both internally and externally
- Maintain and encourage a positive creative culture
- Work with leadership team to improve processes and tools to increase product quality and efficiency
- Be strategic when identifying project deliverables, think before designing, support the project goals, and support the business goals
- Making sure that all awards entries are prepared to a superb level and on time
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/relevant industry qualification
- Agency experience – at least 10 years.
- The ability to lead, and inspire, a team of creative people. This is a key KRA
- A solid background in Art Direction & Design or Copywriting.
- Conceptual thinking is very important.
- Able to manage a team
- FMCG experience – advantageous
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends
- Able to travel often – required.
- The ability to meet and sell idea to clients is important.
- Good communication, interpersonal and be a great representative of the agency
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, PowerPoint
- HTML, PHP, and other Web experience
- Knowledge of each step of an ad campaign’s process to give creatives direction, work on schedule and meet client’s advertising expectations.
- Lots of Agency knowledge and background.
- Relevant portfolio
Please provide a portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you