Account Director: Creative Agency: FMCG – Durban
We have a stunning opportunity for a mid to senior Account Director at a top, creative, multidisciplinary agency in Durban. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead a portfolio of market-leading FMCG brands. The ideal candidate has a hands-on approach and is a strategic thinker with great interpersonal skills.
- Be the client’s first point of contact on all main strategic, creative and resource issues
- Builds strong relationships with clients
- Sets the creative context for the brands: knows what type of communication the brand needs and understand client requirements
- Develops clear and directional creative briefs
- Can present and sell agency work effectively
- Continually monitors and measures project status to ensure on time delivery
- Improves profitability wherever possible, monitoring all billing procedures to ensure accuracy
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Account Director from a reputable Advertising Agency
- Experience working with a FMCG portfolio – ideal
- A tertiary qualification in Advertising / Marketing – a strong advantage
- Strategic thinker who possesses strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and planning capabilities
- Ability to develop strong relationships internally which are based on teamwork
- A hands on approach – essential
- Conflict management and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail together with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
*Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!