Account Director: Integrated Creative Agency – Cape Town
A forward-thinking, fun and expanding creative ad agency in Cape Town is on the lookout for a hotshot Account Director to join their Client Service team. As part of the team that serves as the first line of contact with clients you will identify client needs and work strategically to provide thoughtful and creative solutions with measurable results. The agency sets the bar high, striving to not only solve client problems but challenging themselves to transform their entire category. This position as part of a tight knit team has great growth potential – the agency is constantly expanding, providing opportunities for anybody with ambitions that resonate with their own.
- Independently lead and make decisions that balance the needs of the client with internal goals and teams.
- Identify goals, deliverables, schedules and budgets for a given project.
- Negotiate scope of work and retainers.
- Manage overall account Profit & Loss.
- Collaborate with New Business to actively pursue new clients and revenue sources.
- Write briefs that help us produce great work for our clients.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 5+ years’ experience in developing interactive and creative projects, and managing large creative teams and clients.
- Agency experience – a must.
- The ability to deal with stress and remain calm when the storm hits.
- The ability to damage control a situation when required and bringing order to chaos and chaos into order.
- The experience to manage multi-tasking and prioritising a number of daily jobs and clients.
- A strong degree of foresight when planning projects and managing accounts.
- A sense of overview, always able to look at the bigger picture and bring together all of its components.
- Organisation, in every sense of the word.
- Good people skills (you’ll meet and deal with plenty along the way).
- A love for negotiation
- Someone who enjoys speaking in public and has experience to back it up.
- A natural leader who can foster strong teams and team work.
- Constantly exceeds client expectations by knowing what they need before they ask.
- Someone not intimidated by the idea of working with BIG clients.
- Able to demonstrate how they’ve successfully managed and grown multi-million ZAR businesses in previous positions, be it one large account or a collection of smaller accounts.
- The ability to sell advanced and strategic concepts, and to drive initiatives and the agency values.
- Able to demonstrate micro and macro knowledge of the client’s business by continuous research of brand, its categories and competitors.
- Responsible for the development of the highest quality of creative work by sharing knowledge of the client/business/brand and demonstrating strong creative judgment.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!