Account Manager: Design Agency – Stellenbosch
A super agency based in the Cape Winelands has an opening for an energetic and proactive Account Manager. The role will see you responsible for key client relationships, ensuring on-time, on budget, profitable, high quality deliverables and overall client satisfaction. In this position you will set the standard for brilliant strategic, brand-led business solutions and seamless process management from project kick-off to completion. By demonstrating the ability to recognise strong strategic and creative solutions, the successful candidate you will be required to gain the confidence of clients and colleagues, and effectively communicate and ensure project details and deliverables. Keen financial acumen must be demonstrated to manage budgets and ensure profitability.
- Owner of the client relationship and their interface with the company, ensuring that the experience is a good one for both parties
- Acting as the liaison between the company and the client by creating and maintaining clear lines of communication between client and team
- Cultivating new opportunities from current clients, contributing to new business initiatives and pitches
- Working in close collaboration with Strategic and Design teams
- Ensuring work is produced on time, to brief and on budget.
- Writing cost estimates/proposals, timing plans, contact reports, status reports etc.
- Organising and participating in briefing and brainstorming sessions
- Preparing and take responsibility for billing each month (fees and outside costs)
- Arranging and ensuring project team meetings take place regularly
- Contributing to positive company culture
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graduate calibre
- 3 – 5 years’ proven record in similar background – preferable.
- Ad agency experience – essential
- Experience of complex, multi-strand projects
- Fluency on branding theory
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Efficient and extremely organised
- Structured and a clear thinker: able to offer constructive critique/suggestions to development of work
- Ability to appraise and evaluate strategic and design work and be articulate in explaining it
- Confidence in liaising with senior-level clients and complicated team structures
- Ability to truly listen to clients and manage their expectations and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Desire to own and drive the client relationship
- Ability to manage tight control on billing and outside costs
- Team player with a flexible approach to helping colleagues when required
- Belief in own ability coupled with willingness to learn
- Relevant computer skills
- Energy, drive and intelligence to proactively seek out new opportunities
- Personable and engaging
- Hunger, drive and ambition
- Understanding of the company’s reputation and a desire to be part of it
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!