Business Unit Director: Retail/Fashion – Cape Town
We have a fantastic opening for an experienced Business Unit Director at a superb, international, awarded advertising agency’s Cape Town office. The successful candidate will get the amazing opportunity to take over as BUD on a fast-paced Fashion Retail account. This exciting role calls for a natural leader with strong team management skills and agency experience. We’re looking for someone sussed who loves fashion and keeps up to date with global trends; someone confident, outgoing and a great communicator (both internally and with clients). The agency has a very integrated structure so will be ideally looking for a BUD that can carry conversations at a strategic level across channel instead of sitting solely in the traditional ATL space. That said, ATL is a big requirement and the candidate needs to be fully versed in the discipline. And a big requirement is a ‘hands-on’ BUD – one who isn’t afraid to get stuck in. The culture of the agency is such that it doesn’t allow for a ‘hands-off’ approach from business unit leads. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a strategic thinker, please get in touch before this opportunity is snatched up!
- To lead, inspire, set direction and drive the account management business unit to provide extraordinary account management service and add real value to the clients’ business.
- Managing the delivery of exceptional creative product that meets or exceeds the clients’ business targets within the defined integrated strategic approach.
- To ensure optimum deployment of integrated 360-degree communication, facilitate problem solving, monitor the health of the clients’ business within the agency, deliver bottom line client profitability and grow the clients’ business within the agency.
- Manage a team of highly professional Account Directors and Account Managers.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience working for a big agency
- BTL, ATL and Digital experience
- Interest & experience in fashion and retail – a must
- The ability to lead by example with strong mentoring and coaching instincts
- Energetic with a go-getter attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Brand awareness
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you