Communications Specialist: Financial Services Industry – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a wonderful opportunity at a top financial institution’s Cape Town office for a senior Communications Specialist who has exceptional writing skills. The role’s strong focus on the writing of internal communications for a leading concern in the financial sector will see you creating and developing content for distribution within the organisation including newsletters, publications, internal campaigns, broadcast and more. You will be tasked with identifying, developing, presenting and reviewing the effectiveness of the communication function within respective allocated departments. Ideally you will have experience working in a corporate environment and financial services experience will be a huge advantage. You might be a journalist looking to make your move into corporate. Come on, show us what you’ve got to make this really fabulous role yours!
- Journalist/content producer and coordinator for Group publications (online and printed), broadcasts/podcasts, social media, etc.
- Works closely with the Internal Communications Manager to ensure alignment and achievement of departmental goals
- Screens, reviews and provides input for film/video edits.
- Performs related content/news gathering duties for internal and external audience consumption as required.
- Develops and delivers communication plans for internal clients across the Group.
- Implements internal and external communication plans.
- Maximises internal and external audience (increases reach), messaging and awareness of Group Communications’ projects.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships (and collaborates) with all internal clients/stakeholders.
- Maintains relevant statistics and information relating to the overall performance of the communication channels to improve audience reach.
- Develops systems to ensure that communication material is distributed effectively.
- Disseminates information using all available and relevant new and traditional media channels/platforms.
- Supports Group Communications archive functions by submitting materials to the relevant Archive system.
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including liaison with and briefing service providers.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Journalism/Media Studies (broadcasting)/ Communications.
- Above-average language skills in English.
- 5 years’ experience in Internal Communication, Journalism, Publishing/Broadcasting, preferably in a Corporate or Multinational, listed organisation.
- Experience in a Financial Institution – a big advantage.
- Experience in Digital Media using various online and broadcasting platforms and systems
- Knowledge and experience of communication campaigns – employee engagement
- Research – ability to use online and web search engines
- Photography knowledge
- Above-average written and verbal/oral communication in English. Proficiency in Afrikaans will be advantageous.
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment
- Stakeholder management – relationship building/maintenance; partnering with multi-functional teams
- Problem solving abilities
- Innovation and creativity
- Planning and organising skills
- Results driven
- Stress Tolerance
- Influencing/Gaining Commitment skills
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you