Digital Account Director: Retail/FMCG – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a super opening for a passionate Digital Account Director to join the close-knit team at a full service, integrated advertising agency in Cape Town. The role will see you manage a team of Digital Account Managers to deliver quality 360 Digital campaigns to be proud of alongside their above-the-line team. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, team player, trouble shooter and offer superior client service. Digital changes every day so a passion for the future of Digital and the trends around the corner is almost essential. If you are great at making complex Digital jargon sound easy on the ears, a bit obsessive when it comes to organisation, enjoy working with a team who always has your back, get a kick out of troubleshooting and have a knack for making client stop and listen then we want to meet you!
- Prepare and deliver top quality proposals and presentations to clients.
- Be able to manage your own portfolio of key campaigns from concept to production and delivery.
- Ensure the effective running of all client campaigns.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Check all work being presented to client has great user journey’s, quality work and meets clients brief.
- Meet and exceed the client expectations.
- Be a mentor to a team of Digital Account Managers.
- Exhibit the ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Generate enthusiasm for and commitment to your client’s business.
- Effectively stimulate your team for maximum productivity and job satisfaction.
- Gain the confidence and trust of your co-workers and clients.
- Build strong relationships with clients and assist in their understanding of Digital.
- Look for win-win solutions and grasp the “big” picture.
- Work closely with our strategists to improve and drive the clients’ digital presence.
- Work closely with our analysts to create and deliver digital reports that have insightful KPI’s that effectively communicate success for the business.
- Have the ability to independently create strategies for smaller campaigns.
- Identify new online opportunities for your clients.
- Keep current with industry trends.
- Consider and monitor market conditions.
- Be ready to help the team when you’re needed.
- Recognise, respect and address differing opinions.
- Assist the team with creating great creative, production and /or technical briefs.
- Work synergistically with studio, traffic, production, ATL, third party media houses and senior members of staff.
- Be an advocate for digital to improve on the agencies integrated offering.
- Responsible for maintaining the efficiency of the internal creative and production process.
- Police quality and spot and control internal problems.
- Escalate issues that require further attention to the Digital Business Unit Director.
- Seek ways to increase efficiency and productivity on assigned accounts.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A degree in Marketing or related studies.
- A bonus would be studies in Digital Marketing specifically.
- A minimum of 5 – 6 years proven experience in a marketing role.
- 3 – 4 years proven experience in a digital role.
- Ideally 3 years proven experience in an advertising agency.
- A strong understanding of online technologies is required.
- Digital Agency and/or Marketing Agency experience (A MUST!)
- Experience or knowledge of Owned, Earned and Paid Media including but not limited to SEO, PPC, Display, Social, Email and Content Marketing.
- Experience of great web design and/or development projects including: UX, wire framing, scoping, content management systems or project management.
- Experience in delivering content-based projects including but not limited to digital blog, vlog, video, photography, illustrations, GIF’s and/or animations.
- Experience or a good understanding of analytical platforms like Google Analytics, Facebook or Twitter insights, Brands Eye, Sprout Social, Meltwater or similar.
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level.
- Solid digital experience in a client service and/or project management role.
- Experience in managing a team. A natural leader.
- Superb interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines and works well in a pressurised environment.
- Deadline driven, effective time management and very dedicated.
- Ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Hard working and eager to learn attitude.
- Exceptional writing, communication and confident presentation skills.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Willing to work extra hours when jobs require it.
- Valid, driver’s licence and own transport.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you