Graphic Designer: Packaging – Stellenbosch
We’re on the lookout for a talented mid-senior classical Graphic Designer with exceptional Packaging Design experience for an innovative multi-disciplinary agency with a focus on Branding and Packaging based in Stellenbosch. The role will see you supporting the creative team in developing creatively appealing and award-winning Packaging Design solutions, which are to brief, on budget and on time. You will be responsible for managing your own projects under the supervision of the Creative Director. You’ll be tasked with working with a cross-functional team to deliver creative communications to brief. The ideal candidate is a packaging pro with passion for exceptional design. Is it you?
- Working with the team to translate written briefs into creatively appealing and commercially viable packaging design solutions which consider all markets where appropriate, in line with brand/creative direction and to budget and time, and with the utmost attention to detail.
- To manage individual projects as required by the Creative Director
- Attend briefing meetings and represent the creative team in project groups
- Briefing and directing photographers, illustrators, designers, copywriters, and freelance resource where required to produce creative materials
- Representing the creative team and presenting creative work to cross-functional teams
- To motivate other members of the wider creative team, generating fresh ideas
- Sourcing and researching relevant information as required for projects
- Attending exhibitions, conferences etc. as requested by the Creative Director to be fully aware and up to date with current developments and trend in design
- Keeping up to date with current trends in packaging
- Undertaking special creative projects as required by the Creative Director Product/Pack Design Specific
- Liaising with, directing and attending technical/production meetings to ensure quality standards and finishes are met
- Working with external suppliers to ensure quality standards and finishes are met
- Continually build knowledge and awareness of material/design limitations and solutions to aid in developing viable design solutions – working with closely with the Production Team, Finished Art team and external suppliers.
- To perform other marketing related duties as assigned or requested by the manager
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of agency at all times
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-4 year Visual Communications Degree/Diploma/BA in Packaging/Graphic Design/related or equivalent
- 5–7 years’ experience minimum
- Excellent ability to sketch concept/design ideas and/or layout before translation/articulation using computer software
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant with In-Design, Illustrator, Freehand, Photoshop to visualising/retouching standard
- Excellent creative crafting skills – ideas, typology, layout, colour, composition, materials etc.
- Excellent illustration skills both in traditional medium and computer generated packages
- Good knowledge of artwork/repro/print processes
- Experience in developing commercially viable creative concepts and delivering to brief in a design studio environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Packaging Development
- Experience in contributing to creative strategy
- Good understanding and appreciation of product/pack material limitations and solutions and of new/recyclable materials
- Knowledge of 3D rendering / packages – advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and experience on working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to concept
- Must have a passion for design and the drive to win awards
Please ensure that you submit your portfolio with your application.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!