Head of Consumer Experience: Global Alcohol Company – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A superb opening has become available for a Head of Consumer Experience at a prominent, global alcoholic brand company based in Cape Town. The role encompasses brand leadership, brand strategy and planning, brand communication, brand activation, consumer insight, innovation, creativity and the recruiting of talented staff who is then developed, managed and motivated. Drawing on extensive practical experience and high level of expertise, the Head of Consumer Experience (HoCEX) will join the Digital and Media Leadership Team taking responsibility for elevating competencies across the Marketing team & incorporating best practice within all aspects of the business. This position requires proven business leadership and organisational transformation / change management capabilities. In this regard the HoCEX is expected to have exceptional skills in covering the entire media landscape both online and offline, data-driven relationship management with consumers and shoppers spanning the unknown to known data spectrum, direct response, E-commerce and optimising the shopper path-to-purchase. This also includes social media management and standard developmental practices for designing, building and deploying digital solutions; planning, management & execution of brand experiences and business acumen. The HoCEX works closely with a team of specialists alongside brand teams to ensure penetration of core principles and approaches across the portfolio of brands. The team includes Media Manager, e-CRM/eCommerce Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, and the Experiential Events Manager. Additionally, the role will work with multiple internal stakeholders, including Marketing and Sales, global Brand Owners and counterparts outside of South Africa. You will be responsible for managing relationships with third parties such as agencies, technology vendors and other service providers, and will periodically liaise directly with commercial customers. Fantastic opportunity!
- To define compelling brand vision and crusade for local brands or translate and implement global brand vision and crusade, to align the local network behind idea and to maintain passion, energy and focus
- To define and develop local brand and portfolio strategy (within context of global brand strategy, local business objectives)
- To develop and implement a local market communication campaign (incl. media plan) consistent with brand strategy
- To develop and implement promotional activities across the relevant touchpoints, consistent with Brand company strategy
- To develop an intimate understanding of consumer and shopper behaviours, to identify insights and trends, in order to capture sources of business in line with business objectives and brand strategy
- To identify consumer insights, business and other technical opportunities (R&D, innovations at suppliers etc.), define innovation strategies and concepts, to transform them into initiatives and to achieve their implementation
- Ability to generate, inspire and explore new and relevant ideas by thinking out-of-the-box, finding imaginative solutions and fostering a creative spirit within both the organisation and external partners
- Recruit talented employees
- Develop employees
- Manage performance
- Maintain employee relations
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent); MBA or advanced Degree – preferable
- 10 + years of business experience
- At least 7 years’ experience working at a respected digital agency or directly managing such a relationship as a brand client.
- Extensive experience and technical understanding across a wide range of Digital Marketing disciplines – including Social, Web, Mobile, Search, Content, eCRM and Data Management.
- Functional and Technical Competencies including Brand Leadership, Brand Strategy & Planning, Brand Communication, Brand Activation, Consumer Insights, Innovation, Creativity, Analytical Thinking
- Behavioural Competencies that include: Teamwork, Building and maintaining collaborative relationships, Leading and developing others, Influencing skills, Commercial Awareness / Business Acumen, Innovation and creativity, Strategic Planning
- Leadership Competencies that require: Strategic Vision, Entrepreneurship, Result Orientation, Live the Values, Team Management, People Development.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!