Head of Marketing: Leading Alcoholic Brand Stable – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a sterling opportunity for an innovative and strategically-minded Head of Marketing at a prestigious, forward thinking alcoholic brand stable based in Cape Town. The role encompasses Marketing, stakeholder relations, finance, employee management and motivation. We’re looking for someone with exceptional people and communications skills to is able to successfully lead teams while meeting and exceeding brand outputs. The position calls for a true professional who can create solid Brand strategies and Marketing campaigns that deliver increased sales and growth in market share for assigned brands. You should be able to build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and see to it that the Marketing budget is managed effectively for each assigned brand. It will also fall to you to ensure that talented staff is recruited, developed, managed and motivated. This is a superb opportunity that is not to be missed!
- Develop an understanding of the market and consumers
- Develop annual brand strategy, brand & media plan for assigned brands
- Implement annual brand strategy, brand & media plan
- Support Sales to deliver brand strategies, activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with Sales, Trade Marketing, Production and Finance
- Liaise with brand-owning companies
- Collaborate with external agencies
- Forecast annual capital and operational expenses
- Manage costs against approved budget within marketing arena
- Recruit talented employees
- Develop employees
- Manage employee performance
- Maintain employee relations
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree in Marketing/Business
- 10 years’ Consumer Brand Marketing experience, four years of which at Marketing Manager level.
- Experience leading teams and agencies.
- Consumer understanding
- Business Development and Brand Strategy skills
- Commercially Strategic and Results Oriented
- Negotiation Techniques
- Knowledge of merchandising
- Customer Relationship Management skills
- Effective decision maker
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and organising abilities
- Team player with team management experience
- Presentation skills
- Influencing & negotiation abilities
- Big picture thinker
- Able to make things happen
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!