Head of Proof: Leading Integrated Ad Agency – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Word nerds and grammar gurus, sharpen your pencils because we have just the job for you! An exciting opening has become available for a Head of Proof at a busy, full-service, integrated agency in Cape Town. We are looking for a dynamic individual to fill this newly created role, managing their Proofreading department. The ideal candidate must have experience managing a department of 7+ at either an ad agency, newspaper or magazine. Super opportunity at a really fabulous agency with a lovely team. Don’t miss out.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing the Proofreading team and providing strategic direction for the department as a whole
- Develop and implement Proof processes and procedures and relevant documentation
- Establish and monitor quality control procedures
- Plan and manage Proofreader schedules (including overtime, leave) and workloads
- Performance management of the Proofreading team, setting expectations and giving feedback
- Assist in recruitment and training of Proofreaders
- Proofreading/editing of all advertising agency materials when required
- Providing relevant reports to Top Management when required
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graduate preferably with a degree in Languages or Journalism
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- 6+ years’ experience in Proofreading of which at least 2 years must have been in a Leadership role
- Strong proven management skills and ability to work with other Senior Department Heads
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Analytical skills to check and correct inconsistencies
- Proficiency with spelling, grammar and proofreading
- Detailed and accurate
- Reliable and able to meet deadlines
- Motivated and determined
- Must be bilingual
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in reporting to Senior/Top Management
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!