HR Divisional Head: Leading Retailer – Cape Town
An excellent opportunity has opened up at a leading supermarket’s Cape Town office for a truly dedicated and hard-working HR Divisional Head. The role calls for you to drive the HR execution through commercial HR team in partnership with Line Management. In this position you’ll have several HR Business Unit Heads reporting to you with a very large staff contingent to look after. In light of this, the successful candidate will ‘wear many hats’ and have the ability to be both strong and empathetic in their engagement with staff. This role is demanding and very hands-on and requires someone with the flexibility to work extended hours. We’re looking for someone who has previous experience in a management role at a large retailer, someone who can uphold and understand the traditional company culture. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with key players in the following areas: Store Operations, Organisational Effectiveness, Learning & Development, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits/People Services, Talent & Leadership Development and HR Planning & Execution. Are you up to this exciting challenge?
Strategy Execution and Translation
- Translate business strategy into an enabling HR plan which is practical and fit for purpose.
- Execute the HR strategy aimed at the attraction, retention and development of people.
- Manage and lead deliverables around the entire HR value chain.
- Monitor the consistent execution of Employer of choice value proposition by implementing a segmented plan.
- Implement reward and benefit strategy
- Design retention plans for all critical roles.
- Drive Employment Equity transformation in area of responsibility and ensure implementation of diversity awareness initiatives.
- Work closely with leaders and managers as a trusted advisor to achieve shared organisational objectives to create inspiration for employees and achieve customer experience and shareholder value.
- Facilitate the development of high-performance culture by modelling the behaviours and values that define the high performing culture in the business.
- Ensure consistency in service delivery across all stores within the region.
- Support continuous improvement and productivity initiatives.
- Monitor impact of HR interventions.
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Management
- Identify, develop and maintain working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Interact with various stakeholders to produce business specific people related insights.
- Monitor employee engagement levels, identify areas of concern and draft action plan.
- Provide input into budgets and support the alignment of people costs.
- Manage and monitor regional budgets and address any variations.
- Drive and lead organisational effectiveness and change initiatives.
- Ensure fit for purpose organisational design and processes.
Learning and Development
- Monitor the execution learning plans.
- Facilitate learning programmes and monitor adherence to the learning contracts.
- Act as a coach to leaders and build leadership credibility.
- Drive HR capability development.
HR Governance/ Risk Management
- Lead and support the development and implementation of HR policy across all areas of the organisation including improving performance, maximising attendance and providing effective management of change.
- Facilitate and Participate in Employee Relation Forums.
- Build HR capability that will respond to and manage ER situations effectively.
- Lead, mentor and coach direct reports and ensure effective management and utilisation of employees.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum 3 year HR Qualification
- 5-7 years in a strategic HR leadership role
- Senior management experience at a supermarket – essential
- Result Orientated
- Leadership Skills
- Commercial and Financial Acumen/Business Acumen
- Facilitation Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Quality Control and Standards
- Relationship Building
- System Thinking Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management
- Project Management
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!