Junior Community Manager: FMCG Brand – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Calling all hot shot Community Managers looking for a golden opportunity to run with the big boys! A super ad agency’s Cape Town office has an exciting opening for a junior Community Manager to work on an alcohol brand and impress with clever quips, great customer engagement and mad social media skills. We’re looking for someone sharp with excellent writing ability and exceptional attention to detail to take their game to the next level. You’ll be tasked with developing customer engagement, advocacy and loyalty. You’ll manage and sustain the social media presence of client brands and contribute to entrenching Digital within the agency’s culture.
- Content management and all that goes with it.
- Communicate progress/delays to internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with partners and media-buying agencies to ensure content is promoted timeously and in line with approved schedules
- Community engagement – responds using approved guidelines
- Ensure KPI and KPA metrics are achieved and sustained
- Ensure SLAs are achieved and sustained
- Reporting – ongoing monitoring of brand reputation, sentiment and online activity
- Collect and consolidate data
- Populate monthly ad-hoc social media reports using Google slides
- Use and further develop community management guidelines
- Ongoing collaboration with strategy, creative and social media team to provide insights gained from communities to help inform their work
- Own and lead crisis management process with support from agency and partners if necessary
- Keeping abreast of and sharing information about the latest enhancements and functionality released by key social networks
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Fluent in English and an Nguni language
- Thorough understanding of all social media networks
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Community Management role
- Strong Copywriting and Proofreading skills
- Knowledge and experience using 3rd party social media tools like Brandseye, Social Studio (training will be provided where lacking)
- Team player with can-do attitude
- Phenomenal attention to detail
- Incredible time management
- Highly organised
- Any Digital/Creative-related knowledge (i.e. coding, photography, videography, illustration etc.) – a plus
- Experience working on large integrated ad campaigns – a plus
- Able to confidently present work to clients and colleagues
- Able to think conceptually and ideate strategically
- Fully computer literate MS/Mac
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!