Junior Copywriter: Radio – Cape Town
A dynamic commercial radio station based in Cape Town is on the hunt for a dynamic junior radio Copywriter. We’re looking for a Copywriter who can take client’s ambitions on board and turn them into compelling radio ads and campaigns. You’ll have a passion for the heard word, a love of radio, and the ability to keep a professional focus in a creative workplace. You’ll need to be a creative mind with conceptual vision, boast superior attention to detail, and have the ability to research information and interact with clients. We’re driven by tight deadlines and you must be able to be proactive and keep your cool under pressure. If you are this person and keen to work with a team of self-managed, quality-obsessed individuals to collaborate and deliver results then this is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss.
- Conceptualisation and writing copy for radio commercials, on-air content and station promotions.
- Briefing sessions with clients.
- Proof reading all on-air content and promotions copy.
- Choosing voice artists, and directing voice recordings.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Experience in writing for radio – essential.
- 2 – 3 years Copywriting experience at agency level working with multiple clients.
- Awarded – a bonus.
- Creative flair – unashamedly dedicated to getting results for clients.
- Exceptional English skills.
- Competency in other languages – an advantage.
- Marketing and broadcasting experience – desirable.
- Experience directing voices in production – a definite plus.
- Social Media experience, knowledge of diverse Digital Marketing platforms and SEO competency – an advantage.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Good with clients
- Able to research
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!