Junior Digital Account Manager: Retail/FMCG – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Digital Account Manager at a renowned full-service, integrated advertising agency’s Cape Town office. We are looking for a passionate individual to join their close-knit team and help to deliver EPIC digital campaigns to be proud of. The agency boasts a fantastic and diverse range of leading retail and FMCG brands across sectors. Alongside the online & offline client service teams, and supervised by the Digital Account Director, you will be allocated a portfolio of accounts to manage and maintain. The successful candidate will be your run-of-the-mill hero at running digital marketing campaigns. If you are good at making complex digital jargon easy on the ears, a bit obsessive when it comes to organisation, enjoy working with a team (who always has your back), gets a kick out of troubleshooting and has a knack for making your clients happy, we want to meet you!
- To build and sustain a strong and long-lasting relationship with clients
- Ensuring constant and effective flow of communication between agency, client and suppliers as well as arranging, attending and documenting meetings
- Assist with preparation and delivery of top-quality briefs and proposals
- Coordinate internal strategic, creative, media and production teams to deliver work that effectively answers client briefs
- Handling status documents, job bags, campaign costs and invoicing
- Manage effective and accurate delivery of final elements to internal and external suppliers and ensure meticulous activation
- Assist with monitoring effectiveness of campaigns to ensure client campaigns are properly planned and reported on against campaign objectives, KPIs and metrics
- Maintain an active knowledge of industry and digital marketing trends to assist with proactively advising clients about digital marketing landscape developments
- Deliver jobs on time, on budget and continuously exceed client expectations.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree in Marketing or related studies. Studies or courses in Digital Marketing specifically are preferable.
- 2-3 years’ proven experience in Digital Marketing – a must
- Basic understanding of online technologies is required across Websites, Social Media, Content Marketing
- Digital Agency and/or Marketing Agency experience – ideal
- Experience in a client service and/or project management role – ideal
- Experience in running/managing campaigns and/or projects – ideal
- A good understanding of process, process and did we mention process?
- Experience with some of the following platforms/programs: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Social Channel insights, BrandsEye and Chase.
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines and needs to work well under pressure
- Passion for communication, creative & digital marketing industry
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working with an eager to learn attitude
- Exceptional writing, communication and confident presentation skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- An advocate for team work but also able to work and think independently
- Valid, driver’s licence and own transport
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you