Lead Designer: Cutting-Edge Finance Company – Cape Town
We have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Designer at a ground-breaking financial company that is disrupting the investment industry. The company boasts a fabulous environment with a vibrant, motivated team who are at the top of their game. This role is ‘designed’ for a versatile creative who is capable of taking ownership and representing creative in the company. We’re looking for a committed, driven and versatile creative to lead the design work. You will work alongside the Marketing and Content team, planning, conceptualising and creating impactful content. The core role is around supporting the Marketing efforts from a design point of view.
Video is an important part of what the company does, so strong art and creative direction is an important skill. We’re looking for a designer who is conceptual, who has an innate ability to simplify the complex, with a sharp intellect and fresh ideas. The ideal candidate is passionate about producing great design work across a range of mediums. If you love building brands, then this job is for you. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Digital. You will be the only Designer in the team, so you work will range from important conceptual work to implementing fairly low level design tasks with a quick turn-around speed. Pretty exciting, get in touch!
- On a weekly basis you will design for web, mobile, traditional print, brochures and more. Your tasks will vary from one day to the next: Creating landing pages, banners, email marketing campaigns, social media ads, developing print ads for newspapers and magazines, designing web pages for mobile devices etc.
- On a quarterly basis you will translate creative concepts from our ATL agency into great cross channel design work that results in cohesive campaign work and seamless user experiences (across devices), which drive business results.
- Translate the design brief into exceptional work that leads to our desired outcomes
- Full graphic design across all formats (brand, digital, print, outdoor, POS, event, etc.)
- Generate and create crafted, visually pleasing and highly conceptual designs under pressure and at a fast pace
- Full design knowledge, strong technical skills, great application knowledge
- Get excited, and excite others, about creating beautiful and thought-provoking designs
- Develop design standards and conventions
- Manage workflow efficiently and take responsibility for timing and delivery
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma in design or related field and or tertiary qualification in visual design
- 7+ years’ experience working in a design role & managing a team
- Creativity / innovation
- An ability to handle video editing and compilation jobs, with a focus on quick turnaround times that are not at the expense of quality, would be desirable.
- Conceptual thinker
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision
- A highly motivated “doer”; Deadline driven with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- High stress tolerance
- Detail orientation / meticulous work standards
- Proven and demonstrable graphic design experience and skill, with a strong portfolio
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Design and develop multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animation, video, sound etc.
- Graphic Design / Print Materials – Create appropriate professional print-based training materials, newsletters, display branding, literature, sales material, branding material, newsletters, presentations and web requirements.
- Experienced and up to date with industry leading software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Office, Final Cut Studio, )
- A solid network of related professionals e.g. illustrators, motion graphics, photographers
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- An understanding of responsive design techniques – nice to have
- Web-based Video/Audio Production – Performs technical duties in the production of web-based video and audio projects for optimum distribution online – nice to have.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!