Marketing Manager: Financial Services – Cape Town
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
An exciting position has become available for a senior Marketing Manager to work in-house at a leading brand in the financial sector with a specific focus on Investments and Business to Business. We are looking for someone meticulous, proactive and energetic to make this role their own and in so doing, elevate the brand’s Marketing offering. It is essential that you have Investment/Asset Management experience to be eligible for this job. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the financial services Marketing landscape and an ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Developing and implementing Marketing strategies, Advertising, Communications and client retention/attraction strategies that support business
- Provide a proactive Marketing service to business as well as offer ad-hoc Marketing services on request of the business
- Take responsibility for Marketing projects for from initiation to completion
- Ensure consistency of Branding across all marketing and advertising opportunities in line with the corporate image
- Identify possible gaps, new business opportunities and possible service level enhancements
- Write comprehensive briefs on behalf of business for internal and external suppliers
- Proactively initiate and develop PR ideas and stories, as well as ways to build relationships between key individuals and the media
- Develop strong working relationships with business and external suppliers.
- Manage the Marketing budget and prioritise projects
- Proactively seek and recommend opportunities that will benefit the development of the overall brand
- Be accountable for the creation and development of various programs that assist Segment Owners and Key Account Managers with their service delivery, relationship building and engagement
- Understanding of CRM & Marketing interface
- Managing budgets
- Concise, insightful reporting of Marketing strategy
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Business/Marketing Degree
- At least 3 years in a similar Business to Business marketing role; or experience in Business Development at an Asset Manager; or at least 3 years as part of an Investment Process team
- Ability to work with people at all levels across the business and manage outsourced resources
- Deep understanding of the financial services environment
- Intimately understand the key drivers within the Institutional space as well as the key drivers of the decision-makers. As such, a thorough understanding of the investment landscape is critical
- Excellent communication skills
- Campaign design and implementation
- Project planning and management
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Meticulous team player and proactive individual
- Energetic and flexible
- Ability to deal effectively and credibly with both senior business managers and employees
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively coupled with good negotiation skills
- Excellent coordination
- Excellent organisational skills, team-oriented attitude, ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines and quality levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a fast moving pressurised environment
- Demonstration of living the company’s values – being transparent, passionate and innovative
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!