Mid-Weight Art Director: Innovative Creative Agency – Cape Town
We have a very cool opportunity for a mid-weight Art Director at a highly innovative, creative and integrated ad agency in Cape Town. The role will see you working in a team alongside a Copywriter to create Advertising and Design work with a strong emphasis on Strategy, Marketing, and large scale campaign-led thinking. Working closely with a single creative partner means your ability to solve problems as one half of a two-person team, as well as to challenge each other in a constructive way is critical to your success in this position. We’re looking for someone who can be equal parts Marketing and Design. You should enjoy campaign conceptualisation and strategic problem solving as much as hands-on design. You will be required to apply your creativity to your accounts with longevity in mind, giving adequate consideration to brand growth and bigger-picture thinking. You will be required to present ideas and rationalise your design work at client level. We are looking for someone with a solid foundation of technical design skills -these should include but are not limited to image manipulation, Typography, presentation Design, preparing artwork for Print, and a solid understanding of Design for Digital media. Are you always hungry to improve your output and learn new skills? Can you see yourself working at a fabulously progressive agency with growth opportunities, solid work-life balance and great coffee? Get in touch!
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A strong background in Advertising and Design.
- 3-5 years’ experience developing campaigns and creative projects at an agency.
- Expertise in a range of Design programs including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Someone who thrives in a conceptual environment where strategic thinking is a prerequisite on every brief.
- Excellent communication skills, and enjoy presenting and rationalising decisions to your team and clients.
- Someone who consumes Advertising & Design inspiration daily from a wide range of media, and has a grasp on industry trends.
- A wide range of practical design skills and a well-developed sense of style.
- Objectively critical of your own work and constantly look for ways to improve your output.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Organised and methodical.
- Someone who takes ownership of projects from concept through to completion.
- Initiative to get the job done with the best possible outcome given available resources.
- Ambition to lead a long and wildly successful career in the industry.
- Organisation, in every sense of the word.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to sell your own work.
- Good people skills (you’ll meet and deal with plenty along the way)
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!