Mid-Weight Copywriter: Creative Digital Agency – Cape Town
Calling all creative wordsmiths! This is a truly fantastic opportunity to work at a young, vibey through-the-line agency with an exciting and varied client portfolio that encompasses fashion, lifestyle, alcohol, financial, tourism and more. We’re looking for a mid-weight Copywriter to work across the spectrum with lots of Digital as well as Experiential, Events and TV. The role calls for someone who can think through the line, leverage technology and push innovation while orientating around client business objectives and budgets. You will team up with an Art Director and become the creative custodians of your accounts, charged with thinking beyond single creative executions to consider the greater Marketing strategies developed in partnership with our Strategists, informed by insight from previous efforts. This forward-thinking agency encourages their creative teams to present their own work and pushes for as much client facetime as possible. You’ll enjoy a high level of responsibility and great growth potential. Grab this one before it’s too late!
- Work with your Art Director to conceptualise creative solutions for clients
- Manage the quality of copywriting deliverables, ensuring they meet agency standards and client expectations
- Collaborate with other teams, including Strategy, Media, Design and Development.
- Study insight and develop creative propositions.
- Write compelling copy, headlines, taglines and calls to action
- Work with Account Managers and Planners to ensure creative concepts and copy tones are on brand and strategically sound
- Collaborate with Traffic to ensure work is delivered on deadline
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing interactive and creative projects.
- The ability to deal with stress and remain calm when the storm hits.
- The experience to manage multi-tasking and prioritising a number of daily jobs and clients.
- A sense of overview, always able to look at the bigger picture and bring together all of its components.
- Good people skills
- An enthusiastic team player, with great listening skills and a collaborative approach – essential (you work well with a wide range of people, building strong relationships across the business).
- A strong desire to change the status quo.
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of a busy agency, with a positive approach to every task.
- Is comfortable writing in various styles and for multiple formats.
- Great at speaking in public/presenting and has experience to back it up.
- A collaborative work ethic and easy going nature.
- Able to take constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- Not intimidated by the idea of working with BIG clients.
- A naturally curious mind and passion for interactive media.
- The ability to sell advanced and strategic concepts, and to drive initiatives and the agency values.
- Able to demonstrate micro and macro knowledge of the client’s business by continuous research of brand, its categories and competitors.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and tasks at once
* Preference will be given to candidates from a previously disadvantaged background.
*Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!