Mid-Weight CRM Copywriter: Lifestyle – Cape Town
An iconic SA property brand is on the hunt for an experienced, mid-weight CRM Copywriter. This is a fantastic opportunity to flex your creative muscles in the CRM space where you bring experience writing mailers, e-Newsletters and more. This role will see you working with the Creative Director and Art Director to develop all copy for CRM emails (both to prospects as well as existing customers) in an effort to maximise response and drive leads. In addition, the role will require the development of Copy for other BTL channels from time to time (e.g. webpages, blog, newsletter, brochures, etc.). We’re looking for someone who is fearlessly creative with a solid understanding of the Brand, CRM & Digital marketing strategy with a view to generating copy that aligns with business objectives. You should be au fait with best practice CRM and Direct Response copywriting and best practice Digital copywriting. Marvellous opportunity simply not to be missed. Show us what you can do!
- Influencing consumers by delivering a clear message, as well as using your initiative to stay on top of new industry trends and incorporate them into campaigns effectively.
- Experience in working in a CRM-driven studio.
- Ability to translate an overall creative concept for an omni-channel campaign into copy for an email that lives within the campaign, as well as for other campaign-related BTL communication channels.
- Experience in working with Creative Director and Art Director in terms of the role that copy plays in Email design & layout.
- Experience in writing and proofing copy for CRM emails, e-newsletters, direct response ads, direct mail packs and other response-driven BTL communication channels.
- Working with Operations Manager to ensure all job bags meet the brief and are completed on deadline.
- Experience in working in a Digitally-led studio.
- Ability to translate an overall creative concept for an omni-channel campaign into copy for digital platforms e.g. web landing page, Facebook ad, Instagram post, Twitter post’
- Experience in writing and proofing copy for websites, mobi sites, blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, web display ads.
- To have a deep understanding of the ways copy helps Pam Golding Properties achieve their objectives, and the ability to generate immaculate copy for every brief.
- Liaising with Head of Marketing, Head of CRM & Digital and Creative Director to gain a good understanding of the Brand, CRM & Digital strategies so that copy is developed (across various communication channels) which aligns with the objectives reflected in these strategies
- Creatively-led copy that is on brand, original, talks to our target audience, is persuasive and response-orientated.
- Idea strong – using all available tools to deliver sustainable copy excellence.
- CRM copy which accurately reflects the values of the brand; leverages CRM best practice copywriting principles (e.g. subject line techniques, conversational, influential, includes calls to action, is benefit focused) and maximises open rate and click through rate on our emails and drives leads
- Digital copy which: accurately reflects the values of our brand; is SEO compliant; is effective in driving engagement (views, click throughs, leads) on various digital platforms such as website, mobi sites, blogs, social media platforms and leverages digital media copywriting best practice principles
- Good understanding of the Brand, CRM & Digital marketing strategies
- Cross-channel copy that aligns with the main objectives of these strategies
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Copywriting Diploma
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience writing Copy in a CRM and Digitally focused creative studio
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Google docs
- Digital Copywriting experience or at least exposure to it
- A leading figure in the creative team and be ready to rise to any challenging brief with a keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the sharpest, most dazzling copy.
- Team player – be able to brainstorm with other members of the creative team.
- Good understanding of copywriting best practice copywriter principles for CRM & Digital communication
- Multi-tasker to work under tight deadlines on many jobs simultaneously
- Excellent grasp of the English language, written and interpersonal skills
- Deadline driven whilst maintaining quality standards of service and delivery
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Awards focused
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques
*Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!