Mid-Weight Designer: Digital & Print: In-House – Cape Town
We have an amazing opportunity for a conceptual, mid-weight 360° Designer at a lifestyle brand’s Cape-based head office. You will be required to work within the in-house Design agency. Working alongside a coordinator, Designers, Social Media Managers and Project Managers you will develop design and art direction against a specific brief to deliver necessary objectives. Your responsibilities include conceptualising creative ways to come up with business solutions, to create campaigns in Print and Digital mediums that meet objectives. This exciting role calls for a talented Designer who is skilled in the use of Design elements; Typography, Photography and layout who is able to work on multiple projects in order to deliver creative work to various stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who is happy working independently as well as in a team – someone to leverage their ability to research topics that relate to the brief, use these findings as inspiration, and then create direction, mock-ups/scamps for approval. Presentation skills are highly advantageous with the ability to present and sell creative concepts using mood boards and other creative techniques to drive sales. Great culture, great values and a great opportunity!
- Design abilities in Digital, Activations and Print touchpoints.
- Problem solve creative ways to represent a concept visually.
- Determine the use of Typography, Photography or Design elements.
- Create effective campaigns using conceptual design and great layout skills to drive creative deliverables.
- Stay on top of brand C.I guides to ensure rules are adhered to and the brand uniformity remains consistent.
- Work as part of a team with a Copywriter, Digital, Strategy, Marketing Coordinators, Administrators and Regional Marketing teams.
- Ensure deliverables and deadlines are met timeously.
- Share inspiring work and lead creativity within your team
- Ensure Adobe Creative Cloud software skills are up to date.
- Commit to learning and understanding the industry, undertake independent research for each brief and become a creative expert in communicating in the industry.
- Translate a visual style across several mediums effectively to create campaigns against agent objectives.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant 3-4 year Degree/Diploma from recognised Tertiary institution
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience
- Through-the-Line portfolio showcasing a cross-section of work including event collateral, great layout spreads, branding, activations, digital e-newsletters – A must!
- 4-5 years’ previous experience within an Advertising or Design agency is highly advantageous
- Design abilities across both Digital and Print touchpoints
- Experience in Digital design specifically across Social Media and Email channels
- Ability to present, explain and motivate your own creative work
- Team player and independent thinker
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!