Mid-Weight Strategic Copywriter: Awarded TTL Agency – Port Elizabeth
Calling all strategic word ninjas! This is a brilliant opportunity to work at a super through-the-line agency based in PE. We’re looking for a mid-weight Strategic Copywriter to work across the spectrum to develop compelling brands, aid the conversion of brand strategy into creative concepts, bridge the gap between strategy, business objectives and creativity, and ensure that creative campaigns are strategically aligned, on brief and presentable. The role calls for someone who can think through-the-line and push innovation while orientating around client business objectives. You will be charged with thinking beyond single creative executions to consider the greater Marketing strategies. This agency offers you the opportunity to work with lovely people on nice accounts. Grab this one before it’s too late!
- Conceptualising and writing brand manifestos, strategic brand messaging, brand essences, brand narratives, strap lines, new brand and/or product names.
- Writing various copy for various mediums (print, promoter scripts, TV, radio, digital) that accurately represents the brand and addresses its specific campaign priorities.
- Proof-reading and re-writing copy to ensure it is grammatically correct and aligns with the brands personality, vision and strategic priorities.
- Brand stories (concept, copy and visual) that bring the brand manifesto/essence/strategy/ narrative to life.
- Brand worlds – visual mood boards that define, covey and express the brand and its essence, narrative and manifesto.
- Translating and simplifying client/client service/strategic briefs to creatives/creative teams to ensure that the point of the brief is understood within the bigger picture.
- Organising and motivating pitch teams in terms of developing, organising and documenting ideas.
- Reviewing creative campaigns, seeing the gaps within them, and creating solutions to fill those gaps.
- Attending brand workshops and reviews and translating the information to the relevant creative group heads.
- Identifying and articulating key insights to drive the creative concept.
- Reviewing creative campaigns to ensure they are aligned to the brands strategy and priorities (trial of product/brand awareness/sales/education etc.).
- Translating creative campaigns into pitch presentations that are easy to follow, have a logical narrative, and best represent the creative concepts, ideas and visuals.
- Conceptualising campaign mechanics and creating visual diagrams to explain them.
- Creating flow diagrams to explain integrated campaigns and the purpose of each component within them.
- Creating creative campaign time lines.
- Ensuring campaign mechanics are suitable to the target market, the consumer, and the context
(where the campaign/promotion/ad would take place/exist).
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 4 years’ ad agency experience
- Strategic thinker
- Inspiring and pro-active
- Ability to write over a range of mediums (ATL, BTL, Digital/Web & Social)
- Experience in conceptualising
- Energetic, talented, creative
- The experience to manage multi-tasking and prioritising a number of daily jobs and clients.
- A sense of overview, always able to look at the bigger picture and bring together all of its components.
- Good people skills
- An enthusiastic team player, with great listening skills and a collaborative approach – essential (you work well with a wide range of people, building strong relationships across the business).
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of a busy agency, with a positive approach to every task.
- A collaborative work ethic and easy going nature.
- Able to take constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- The ability to sell advanced and strategic concepts, and to drive initiatives and the agency values.
Please submit your relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!