Mid-Weight Strategist: Integrated Agency – Cape Town
We have a super opening at a fab integrated agency’s Cape Town office for a mid-weight Strategist. We’re looking for someone with a strong understanding of the South African market; someone with their finger on the pulse in terms of influencers, events and latest trends. The successful candidate will have creative strategy experience at an agency. If you are curious and an unconventional thinker with the ability to see the bigger picture, we want to hear from you!
- Attend client meetings, develop long-lasting client relationships and become seen as a senior strategic voice of authority in the agency.
- Manage agency Strategy efforts and projects, involved with projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Develop and manage the strategic direction of the agency’s brand positioning.
- Develop integrated Marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed clients’ Marketing and business goals and objectives.
- Generate and drive insights for client and agency pieces around media, brands, consumers, and experiences
- Grow agency proprietary research tools in line with business objectives.
- Design, execute and oversee consumer research pieces.
- Manage measurement, analytics, data gathering, and reporting for clients and the agency.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and expertise across client and internal projects.
- Oversee development of strategic direction through to creative execution
- Along with the strategy team, to drive a culture of excellence through agency training and skills development.
- Develop and implement new processes to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of research, measurement, and strategy work for teams.
- Lead research/insights gathering initiatives and manage outside agency partners.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to add value to existing clients.
- Management and development of junior staff on the strategy team.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry related degree/diploma
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing and Advertising, with mandatory Strategy agency experience
- A solid team player with energy and excitement to bring to our agency
- An individual who is naturally curious, with a passion for insights and for whom asking ‘why’ is second nature
- A self-starter and unconventional thinker: someone proactive who considers the bigger picture
- Someone with their finger on the pulse in terms of what is happening in terms of trends, events, influencers, brands and more
The consultant will get back to you