New Business Developer: PR – Cape Town
A well-established and innovative Communications and Public Relations consultancy in Cape Town has a very exciting opening for a New Business Developer. The role will see you building the consultancy’s market position by locating, developing, negotiating, and closing new business relationships. It’s a role that encompasses strategic planning, implementation, Marketing and management and will see you 2nd in command to the MD. This is a new role for the agency and there is lots of longterm potential here. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who is strategically minded and well connected. Is this you? Get in touch.
- Collaborates with the Managing Director to develop marketing and new business plans for the Agency that are in line with overall growth strategy for the organisation.
- Drive marketing of the agency according to strategies approved by the board
- Recruitment of new clients for the agency according to set targets quarterly and annually.
- Mapping client landscapes.
- Agency Profiling in the market place in line with current trends.
- Competitor and market analysis to secure and maintain unique market position for the Agency.
- Merchandising Agency’s services: new services/product development: Packaging areas of expertise
- Networking to recruit partners with whom the agency can collaborate to do business/offer services.
- Networking and creating business opportunities with prospective new clients.
- Development of original and innovative new client strategies and proposals and tenders with support of agency team and MD.
- Secure and conduct presentations
- Drive Communications and PR campaign for the agency.
- Supports the Managing Director as public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile.
- Secure and attend speaker opportunities for self and MD
- Oversee and facilitate the entry of industry Awards
- Draft media stories and features to secure press coverage
- Oversee and ensure the development of marketing materials for the Agency including but not limited to: Printed and electronic corporate profiles and brochures; Credentials documents for each area of expertise; Portfolio of case studies current and updated
- Oversee the Agency’s Newsroom in the following tasks: Maintain online and social media platforms for the Agency; Ensure SEO rankings remain on target; Ensure maintenance and updated website; Secure publicity for the Agency in business and industry press
- Supports the Managing Director with the implementation of business plans and strategies that have been approved by the Board of Directors.
- Effectively manages that agency in the absence of the Managing Director.
- Responsible for development of new business income sheet for the annual budget.
- Tracking of, and reporting on new business income according to set targets.
- Contract and fee negotiations with new clients in collaboration with the MD.
- Contract renewals and updates for existing clients. Quotes and costs for clients, ad-hoc new business.
- Provides high level guidance to Client Service Directors in relation to growth of client accounts in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Thinks strategically and provides long term view on development for the agency.
- Displays insight and understanding of the industry the Agency operates in, how to position and develop its products and services to best secure viable business from target markets
- Leads by example and able to motivate and guide staff.
- Groom senior staff through mentorship.
- Ability to ensure that all staff work in collaboration with each other (and across clusters) to achieve plans for clients and the business.
- Ability to build and work as part of a cohesive team.
- Establish collaborative partnerships outside the Agency.
- Subscribes and adheres to principles of good governance
- Establishes priorities and recommends a course of action without undue delay.
- Ability to make clear and appropriate decisions and judgements.
- Ability to delegate decisions and responsibilities when appropriate to senior management and staff.
- Writes and speaks compellingly and effectively.
- Clear communicator that can convey strategic concepts and plans to prospective new clients that calls them to action and secures their buy-in.
- Proactively takes responsibility for KPA and independently drives its delivery for the Agency’s benefit.
- Professional conduct in line with Agency’s good governance and ethical standards
- Sets appropriate targets and benchmarks for own performance in line with best practice for industry.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Post Graduate Degree
- At least 10 years’ experience, of which five years must be in a senior management capacity.
- Proven strategic skills: marketing and new business In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- Established networks and contacts in the marketing / PR sector Agency/Consulting experience an advantage
- Good business acumen
- Innovative, able to solve tough problems
- Ability to handle pressure
- Deadline driven
- Strong work ethic
- High professional ethical standards
- Highly organised and attentive to detail
- Excellent time management
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!