PR Account Director: Boutique PR Consultancy – Cape Town
An opening has become available for a PR Account Director at a stunning boutique PR Consultancy in Cape Town that works in the fashion and lifestyle arena. This role calls for a strategic thinker with exceptional client relationship management skills as well as the ability to lead and mentor a team. If you’ve got the experience (with a PR focus), have leadership ability and can remain calm under pressure, we want to hear from you!
- Own client relationships and work with exceptional organisational and relationship skills.
- Serve as point for client-service philosophy; ensuring quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
- Responsible for budget management on accounts; stays ahead of budget issues and is proactive to ensure account profitability.
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
- Ability to provide counsel and strategy for Branding, Reputation Management and Integrated Marketing; embraces and understands the principles of Integrated Marketing Communication.
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing those creative ideas with clients.
- Participates in business development by increasing business with existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach for agency.
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Identifies/Integrates new communications capabilities and solutions and engages others.
- Instills confidence and motivates/inspires clients and colleagues.
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related studies.
- Minimum of 6 years of Public Relations with progressive job responsibilities.
- Agency experience.
- Demonstrated results in Public Relations work, client service and leadership.
- Stellar writing and editing skills.
- Passion for both Traditional and Digital Communications.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at thinking on your feet.
- Highly accountable and organised with excellent time management skills.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!