Senior Marketing Coordinator: Tourism/Trade – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Marketing Coordinator at a tourism, trade and investment concern based in Cape Town. This exciting role encompasses Niche Activity Marketing, Brand Marketing, Stakeholder Management, Tourism Trade Media Marketing and reporting and budgeting. We’re looking for someone driven and meticulous with great financial acumen and a gift for Marketing. The successful candidate will work with different teams and partners to drive and implement niche marketing initiatives (cycling, wine & food, culture and heritage) aligned to the brand’s new tourism strategy. You’ll be responsible for building and managing media relations and the operational planning, project management and implementation of the niche marketing campaigns as set out in the new strategy. If you love tourism and the growth it creates we want to hear from you!
- Develop, implement, measure and make the necessary improvements to ensure the
- success of digital marketing campaigns and newsletters;
- Coordinate a variety of stakeholders and ensure financial collaboration;
- Develop relevant content and marketing tool kits relevant to partners;
- Assist with trade show development and execution relevant to niche marketing activities;
- Respond to enquiries promptly with relevant information;
- The attendance of stakeholder functions as required;
- Maintain and manage an up-to-date database of all relevant contacts.
- Manage the development of marketing collateral as set out in the CI guidelines and in line with the brand and target audience needs;
- Develop creative, out of the box solutions to drive awareness of the niche activities globally;
- Develop, implement, measure and make the necessary improvements to co-operative marketing campaigns around the niche activities;
- Develop strategic partnerships and joint ventures with stakeholders that strengthen visibility and position in the market of the brand and the destination.
- Develop, implement, measure and make the necessary improvements to ensure the success of media hosting;
- Prepare and release press kits to media to build campaigns and stories for the niche activities and the destination’s unique selling points.
- Writing and delivering of accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports within deadline;
- Coordinate the allocated budgets on a month to month basis;
- Monitoring, reporting and ensuring that good governance is adhered to.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma / Degree in Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working experience within the Marketing or Advertising industry (private sector an advantage)
- Digital and Social Media experience – essential
- Campaign and Brand Management experience on global brands (private sector an advantage)
- Direct Marketing campaign experience on global clients (private sector an advantage)
- Good financial management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- Great attitude
- Able to work irregular hours
- Willing to travel
- A valid Code B driver’s license.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you