Senior PR Account Manager: Consumer Brands - Johannesburg
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
The Jozi office of an extremely successful national PR consultancy is looking to hire a passionate Senior Account Manager. We’re looking for someone smart and proactive. The focus of this role is Strategy and Client Relations so you’ll need to be strong in those areas. This role will see you working on consumer brands and as such you’ll need to have previous consumer client-based experience. Exceptional client management and PR skills are critical to this role as well as the ability to offer strategic input and identify solutions for clients.
- Client liaison and day-to-day point of contact
- Primary holder of client relationships (with Account Director)
- Develops PR plans/calendars, communication goals and communication strategy
- Sets up, prepares for and runs client meetings
- Expert at drafting effective briefs to Creators (content producers) and Relators (media and influencer relations team)
- Support to Account Director in tracking trends, issues, competitors and industry developments and determines responses
- Support to Account Director in handling crisis communications and executing responses
- Strategic support and providing effective solutions to clients
- Support to Account Director and ensuring that top quality work is produced
- Prepares client reports, presentations and reviews pulling from inputs from other team members
- Hosting high level media at client events and briefings
- Inter-agency link (internal and external creative agencies and suppliers)
- Develops scope of works (SOW) with Account Director
- Drives delivery of SOW with the team
- Ensures growth on new and existing clients
- Handles all contractual and financial aspects of client relationship (with Account Director and Op’s team)
- Creates CEs, POs, BIs
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 6-8 years’ experience in the industry.
- A Communications/ PR Management Diploma/Degree.
- Previous PR consultancy experience
- Experience on consumer brands
- Fully MS Office literate (i.e. Email, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet) essential.
- Strategic and client focused
- Enthusiastic, confident, professional, diplomatic.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Independent team player.
- Deadline driven / ability to handle diverse activities.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for client delivery and service.
- Organisation and administration skills.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!