Senior Store Designer: Leading Retailer – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a very exciting opening for a talented, senior Store Designer at the Cape Town head office of one of SA’s leading retailers. This super role will see you interpreting Store Design concepts by designing and developing them accurately and timeously. You will be responsible for developing, presenting and communicating Store Design concepts, implementing Store Design processes and ensuring effective relationships with key stakeholders and Store Design suppliers. This is a wonderful opportunity at a fantastic brand, spanning across a variety of retail divisions. Don’t miss out, show us what you can do!
- Interpret Design and Retail trends by conducting benchmarking to ensure that our stores, equipment, offices and other real estate are current and leading edge.
- Develop and design in-store concepts including colour, materials, look, feel etc. based on the detailed brief and design guidelines provided by the head of the department.
- Present concepts to internal clients (e.g. Fashion/Beauty/Home, Foods etc.) to gain buy in and approval of concepts.
- Design equipment, timeously brief Equipment Manager and source the correct materials to create the equipment.
- Brief the Architect to accurately complete detailed drawings based on concepts developed.
- Provide detailed design and drawings to all relevant stakeholders e.g. Architects and Procurement.
- Brief Procurement and Equipment Manager on new equipment detail and quantities.
- Check all drawings supplied by Architects based on the store design concepts.
- Implement an effective Store Design process by confirming the store brief, sourcing materials suited to the design and finalising the drawings which best illustrate and sell the design.
- Provide input to the implementation plan for all new store layout changes, by consulting with Sales Management and Space Planning teams.
- Conduct store visits to ensure that concept designs are accurately implemented.
- Monitor Visual Merchandising and retail equipment in stores and timeously feedback any problems/ issues to the head of the department and Equipment Manager.
- Manage brand identity in implementing initiatives and new projects in stores.
- Complete the effective presentation of design concepts for presentations by the Head of Visual Merchandise and Store Design.
- Select the right suppliers for production of store design materials and manage the quality of supplier work by building effective supplier relationships.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Equipment Manager, Procurement, VM Creative team and Project Managers.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with relevant business unit partners e.g. Fashion/ Beauty/ Home, Foods etc.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Sales Management and Space Planning departments.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3/4-year Technical Degree (Bachelor Architecture, Bachelor Industrial Design, National Diploma/Bachelor Interior Design)
- Up to 5 years retail and commercial Interior/Architecture Design experience
- Commercial skills
- Superior computer drawing and 3D skills
- Creativity, awareness of design trends, brand building skills
- Able to analyse and interpret information
- Spatial, dimensional and proportional orientation abilities
- Influencing skills
- Visual discernment
- High taste level
- Team player
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
Please submit a relevant and recent portfolio (preferably as a link) upon application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you