Social Media Account Executive: TTL Ad Agency – Cape Town
We have a fabulous opportunity for someone who is passionate about Social Media to join the close-knit team at a leading, full service agency in Cape Town. You will become a part of delivering quality 360 Digital campaigns to be proud of. The Social Media Account Executive is responsible for managing the execution of Social Media campaigns against Strategy. You will be responsible for managing client expectations, developing content, monitoring Social Media engagement, ensuring content is optimised for paid media advertising, and developing analytic reports monthly. As you can see the role is a mixture of Client Service and Content Generation so writing skills are important for this one. This role is to work on one brand – however, that brand has multiple portfolios. It will be essential for the candidate to immerse themselves in the brand to fully serve all portfolios. The ideal candidate has a Marketing / Agency background. If you have superior presentation and communication skills and proven hands-on experience managing Social Media content for brands, we want to hear from you!
- You will act as a key support to client on all social queries and manage the monthly editorial plans as well as the daily post plans.
- You will work closely with the Client Service team within the agency to define requirements for each of their respective portfolios.
- You will work with our wider Digital department to harness any potential that would be to the benefit of any social activation. This would include content, PR, SEO, media and production teams.
- On a day-to-day basis you will be creating and managing well-constructed briefs in and out of the creative studio, with the aim of delivering great social content that fulfils each campaign’s and channel objective.
- A strong background in understanding specifications, trends and ongoing changes on each channel – especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – will be essential. This will assist you in being a key point of contact for all social queries.
- You will be directly responsible for scheduling and testing all content loaded to each channel.
- Use a data-driven approach via analytics for monitoring and reporting of all socially -related activities on Digital. Ensure any findings or insights are applied to future activities with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Serve as a thought leader to both client and internal teams – advocate and inform on new technologies, platforms and programmes.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A Degree in Marketing or related studies.
- A bonus would be studies in Digital Marketing specifically.
- A minimum of 1 year’s proven experience in a similar role.
- A basic understanding of online technologies is required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Social Media / Content Marketing role.
- Digital Agency and / or Marketing Agency experience (A MUST).
- A good understanding of processes, processes and did we mention agency processes?
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Social Media Content Management platforms (HootSuite, Falcon Social, etc.), Social Media monitoring platforms (BrandsEye, Simply Measured, Meltwater, etc.), and Google Analytics.
- Hands-on experience managing and optimising Social Media campaigns.
- Writing skills – important.
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines.
- Enjoys a fast-paced agency environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, hard-working and eager-to-learn attitude.
- Able to work independently and in a team to execute with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to think creatively and out of the box.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing, communication and confident presentation skills.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you