Specialist Financial Writer – Cape Town
We have an exciting opening for a mid to senior Financial Writer at a top financial institution’s Cape Town office. The ideal candidate comes from a Journalism or Corporate writing background, but must have previous financial writing experience – this is non-negotiable. In this super role you will be responsible for writing integrated reports, client communications, web content, brochure work and more. You will primarily report to the Communications Manager, but also work closely and collaboratively with the Marketing Manager, Media Relations Officer and Head of Marketing in the creation of communications. The successful candidate will be an active and participating member of the Marketing team. Don’t miss this opportunity – get in touch today!
Please submit a financial writing portfolio as well as your salary requirements.
- Content generation, editing and copywriting as and when required including: Client communications for both the Institutional and Personal Investments business units; Client letters for the above business units including those generated and required by the client servicing area; Copywriting of invitations including client presentations, conferences and staff events
- Proofreading and editing monthly and quarterly client communications
- Creation and editing of brochureware as required and briefed by the respective business units
- Participation in the development of an annual communications strategy and quarterly plan to guide the company’s positioning, and to ensure that the business has a leading share of voice within its target markets across all editorial channels (television, print, online and radio)
- Collaborate in identifying newsworthy content and writing/editing of the copy for submission to the media
- Assist with monitoring media across all channels, and the creation of internal media reports
- Actively scanning the competitor landscape
- Assist in the production of the integrated annual report
- Creation of the abridged annual report for the unit trusts business
- Internal Communications: Actively manage the intranet website
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A relevant Degree either in Marketing, Communications or Business Science – crucial
- At least five years’ work experience in financial writing role.
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Proven ability to edit and enhance copy
- Proven copywriting skills
- Proven ability to conduct research and to generate content and creative concepts
- Financial services writing skills essential
- Team player who can participate in activities beyond primary role
- Skilled in business editing
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to generate content across multiple channels
- Ability to grasp concepts and when required generate them quickly
- A creative capability to identify and write newsworthy stories
- Proofreading skills
- Attention to detail – crucial
- An understanding and passion for the fund management business advantageous
- A passion for writing – curious and determined
- Strong drive and energy coupled with the ability to think on their feet
- Strong professional work ethic – motivated and a team player
- Self-starter able to develop own processes and plans to ensure that communication requirements are delivered on time and in the correct tone
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and to adapt the tone of voice in terms of written content.
- Product knowledge is not fundamental but an understanding of asset management and the broader financial services industry is essential.
Please send relevant examples of your financial writing along with your portfolio and salary requirements.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The consultant will get back to you