TTL Designer/Art Director: Full Service Agency – Cape Town
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a wonderful opening on our books for a talented junior to mid-weight Through-the-Line Designer/Art Director at a full-service, TTL strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We’re looking for someone strong with solid conceptual ability who can craft beautiful work. This role sits at the core of executing the goals, plans and vision of the company. You will contribute to developing the visual aspect of a promotional campaign from concept to delivery and report to the Group Head of Design. It includes contributing to the conceptual and stylistic direction; and collating the work of Designers, Photographers and Illustrators where relevant. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for Design aesthetics, a flair for Visual Communication and concepts and a good understanding of Strategy. In this process you will be required to implement and make Design and concept decisions. The work demands creative flair, self-management, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and software along with a professional approach to time and deadlines. Come on, show us what you’ve got and make this fabulous role yours!
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, Activation, Digital and Social Media.
- Work to a brief agreed with the Client, Creative Group Head and / or Account Manager.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the brief’s objectives.
- To work through and oversee your projects from client brief to execution. This will include assessing timings, budgets, key strategic and creative deliverables and ensuring high-quality, error-free work.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A minimum 3-year relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution in Design / Art direction.
- A minimum of 3, and up to 5 years relevant working experience.
- Proficient in relevant design software.
- Solid decision-making ability.
- Strong conceptual understanding of design & communication.
- Ability to generate original ideas and solutions.
- Solid communication and self-management skills.
- Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines within a stressful environment.
- A good understanding of all disciplines involved in producing a successful through-the-line campaign.
- Ability to illustrate and sketch out ideas
- Thorough understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines.
- A good and up to date understanding of new media including the social media landscape.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work towards and manage deadlines.
- The ability to present work to internal stakeholders and clients when required.
Please submit a link/PDF portfolio of relevant work on application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!