Senior TTL Graphic Designer: Business Consultancy – Cape Town
We have an amazing opportunity for a digitally focused, through-the-line Senior Art Director/Graphic Designer within the business unit of a top management consultancy agency in Cape Town. In this role you will be called on to formulate innovative concepts and apply visual design to entire learning programmes to best enhance learning methodology and instructionally designed content. Programmes are taken from concept creation to finalisation, with a hand-over to a development team. We’re looking for someone very conceptual and ideas-focused to drive concepts across various platforms. The position is client facing, so the ability to present, take concise briefs and delegate to juniors is essential. The ideal candidate is ambitious and entrepreneurial with a great attitude, good communication skills and able to stretch their own boundaries. If you can take charge and be a great team player this will suit you well. This exciting role is a dream for a real all-rounder – show us what you’ve got!
- Participate and contribute in brainstorming sessions
- Execute on Brief
- Create user-friendly and visually stimulating designs and layouts which correctly interprets the concept
- Create relevant, graphically designed solutions (print and online) that best enhances the content in storyboards
- Source suitable images
- Type-setting and DTP
- Internal-team collaboration and communication
- Run concept workshops to establish the visual direction and, if necessary, concept of the learning campaign
- Liaise with clients to get sign off of visuals and manage visual design aspects of assigned projects
- Brief another designer on the visual direction and, if necessary, concept of the learning campaign and ensure this is pulled through
- Project administration and management
- Coaching and mentoring junior Designers (people development skills)
- Interpreting the client’s business needs
- Developing a concept to the client’s purpose
- Meeting clients’ / Account Managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients
- Detail oriented to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Developing interactive design
- Quality Assurance
- Scoping on jobs
- Finalisation of designed material: (graphic quality assurance of designed material, implementation of changes, prepare optimised graphics for development team)
- Sourcing packaging and quotes.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Diploma/Degree in Visual Communication/Graphic Design (other art and design subjects/qualifications may be taken into account).
- A range of relevant postgraduate programmes through a/various higher education institutions(advantageous)
- Minimum of 7 years’+ Graphic Design experience (depending on the career path)
- Advanced in Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to give /receive constructive criticism
- Video editing programs advantageous
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Outcomes-based creativity
- Ability to interrogate, understand and execute on a brief
- Internal team collaboration and communication
- Report-writing skills
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Planning, organising and problem-solving ability
- Bright and quick thinking
- Growth mind-set
- Buy into the company’s dream and values
- Able to travel when required.
Please submit a link/PDF portfolio of relevant work on application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Send your CV anyway - something will come in tomorrow!