Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a heavyweight wordsmith! A smoking hot integrated agency is on the hunt for a highly experienced, Copy-based Group Head at their Cape Town office. We’re looking for a leader with Below-the-Line, Retail experience and a proven track record of producing both talked about, and award-winning work. In this wonderfully exciting role, you will work in a team alongside a Group Head Art Director. You will have the skills required to create memorable work. The position will see you playing a vital role in conceptualising original solutions and ensuring they are grounded both in brand and consumer insight, as well as the client’s brief. You’ll need to be very hands-on and be able to provide mentorship for junior teams. Show us your dazzling portfolios to make this exciting role yours!
- Develop and execute outstanding integrated campaigns.
- Working closely with the Group Head Art Director to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client’s brief.
- Drive creative excellence, proactivity and innovative thinking across agency and client.
- Understand the client’s strategy and business context, and always aim to do work that performs.
- Build a strongly collaborative relationship with the broader team, partners and clients.
- Nurture, inspire and motivate the team.
- Lead pitches, awards and new business presentations as required.
- Casting or review of cast of actors/voices for TV, radio or content films
- Liaising with photographers, typographers, designers etc.
- Visiting and assessing locations for potential shoots.
- Working on location.
- Push craft to make the work shine.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- 7 – 8 years relevant agency experience
- Extensive BTL/Retail experience
- Clear copy skills – craft, insight, argument
- Talented, motivated leader
- A proven track record in producing exciting campaigns
- Ability to articulate creative concepts clearly and succinctly and great presentation skills are essential
- An understanding of and keep up to date with the latest creative trends
- Mentorship of junior creatives
- Have an eye for detail
- A team player
- Ideas obsessed.
Please submit your portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.