We have a superb in-office job opportunity for a dynamic, mid-weight Brand Manager to support and assist the Marketing Department at a leading manufacturer in the décor hardware sector based in Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs. In this exciting role you will be responsible for implementing the Brand Strategy across Corporate Identity, colour Marketing material, Marketing at Retail, printed collateral, Digital, packaging, Events and other Marketing collateral that may be required. As Brand Manager, you will need to develop good working relationships with internal departments, Sales Team and various suppliers. The retail environment requires strategic, creative and practical skills for the creation and implementation of projects. Are you up to the challenge?
- Ensuring brand uniformity and consistency
- Budget and cost management
- Research and store visits
- Corporate Identity including managing logo files and style guide, stationery (printed & electronic), name badges and product information sheets
- Colour Marketing Material including: Ensuring paint colours are contemporary, on trend and relevant both internationally and locally; Colour ranges including main colour range, curated colour palettes and colour schemes; Management of colour targets; Stripe Cards and related items; Fan decks; Brochures and colour cards and more
- Digital; including: Website development and management; SEO; Social Media management of strategy, content and artwork across Facebook, Instagram and YouTube; Digital Media including paid display, social and search; Email signatures
- Packaging – container selection, design, content, communication vehicle
- Marketing at retail to create an inviting, streamlined and confident in-store experience from uniforms and brochures to signage, point of sale and event equipment
- Management of photographic shoots and image library
- Liaising with stockists when necessary
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with the Sales Director and Sales Team – input, buy in, Marketing instructions, sales tools
- Working with internal departments for input, buy in etc. including the technical team, factory, warehouse, finance, buying
- Management of suppliers – from sourcing new suppliers and briefing to production, delivery, and quality control
- Identifying new marketing opportunities.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3 Year Marketing qualification (IMM, Diploma, Degree)
- Packaging experience from agency or client side – preferred
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, E-Mail, Cloud
- A hardworking, dedicated, and honest individual with initiative and enthusiasm
- Exceptional project management skills – ability to manage multiple “urgent” jobs
- Ability to work independently as well as take instruction and leadership
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Hands on approach
- Willingness to learn
- Team player who enjoys working with people and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to travel occasionally when required for projects (predominantly to JHB – normally 1-day visits)
- The retail environment is complex and inconsistent, therefore require strategic, creative, and practical skills for the creation and implementation of projects
- Must be resident in Cape Town
- Own transport is essential.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.