We’re on the hunt for an art-based Creative Director to join a fabulous established BTL and activations-based agency based in Cape Town. This is a great opportunity to get involved in work that covers everything from activations, digital, BTL through to integrated campaigns. The agency’s clients range from financial, FMCG, alcohol sector and more. The scope of work is activations focused, which also includes digital, design, shopper marketing, internal comms, etc. We’re looking for someone with strong conceptual and leadership abilities who can knock the pants off of a presentation to the most senior of clients. If you’re conceptually minded, a Below-the-Line buff and keen to work with a small, fabulous team, we’d love to see your portfolio!
- Playing a central role in thinking up, developing and articulating fresh concepts that achieve the sometimes-difficult balance or being pioneering whilst also grounded in insights and clients’ brief and objectives
- Maintaining an attention to detail. Ensuring that all elements of the brief are covered and being thorough in your approach to your work
- Managing, mentoring and providing leadership to more junior colleagues in a professional and caring way that ensures the team grows together
- Ability to prioritise work and manage your time to ensure best outcomes, work is delivered on time and deadlines are met.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3–4-year Degree in Visual Communication (from a recognised Tertiary institution)
- 7 years relevant agency experience (not negotiable), ideally with bias towards BTL
- Activations experience – preferred
- Art Direction/Design skills
- Great attention to detail – essential
- Strong conceptual abilities
- Able to meet deadlines without compromising on quality or craft
- Keen interest in keeping abreast with design trends
- Desire to bring newness and freshness to brands
- Good understanding of consumer dynamics and the full spectrum of the SA marketplace
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Must be able to manage a time and work to tight deadlines
- Great organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask (manage multiple creative briefs at one time).
On application please forward a link to portfolio along with your CV.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.