Business Unit Director/General Manager: Full Service Ad Agency – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopia calling! Don’t delay in answering the call from this leading, independently owned full-service advertising agency if career growth, great experiences and rewarding work are what excite you. Based in Addis Ababa, the agency is on the hunt for a dynamic mid-weight Business Unit Director/General Manager to join their fabulous team. We’re looking for a top-notch, highly capable candidate who will lead a multi-disciplined team in delivering excellent quality creative and service to their clients. The agency boasts a range of blue-chip accounts that cover a full spectrum of categories from FMCG and Alcohol brands through to Banking, NGO’s and Airlines. You’ll be even more tempted when you learn that the successful candidate will be earmarked for growth and promotion within the agency. Are you ready to deliver innovative creative, cutting edge strategies and superior customer service for the Agency’s clients? Can you build and maintain excellent relationships with existing clients and focus on the development of new clients, such that revenues and profitability are optimised whilst exceeding client expectations on conceptualisation and delivery of creative and strategic output? If you are itching to explore the continent and feel the heartbeat of Africa in your blood, do not hesitate to get in touch today! The only way is up!
- Orchestrating and coordinating the creative selling process for maximum impact.
- Driving and monitoring the strategic planning on all key accounts (preparation of brand reviews, assistance with other)
- Ensuring client management processes are installed and adhered to.
- Monitoring client satisfaction indices and ensuring optimum levels.
- Monitoring and managing client profitability; providing reports.
- Setting and achieving annual client budgets and reporting back regularly on progress.
- Keeping in touch with changing market trends and evolving client needs.
- Generating enthusiasm and passion for clients amongst agency staff.
- Managing the sourcing and recruitment of excellent account executives / managers to drive key account relationships.
- Designing, installing and running a performance review process for all client-facing staff
- Managing optimum staff-satisfaction levels amongst client-facing staff.
- To give executive input into key client accounts and to ensure that they are invested with the best strategic thinking available in the agency at all times.
- To sell the agency at the most senior levels to existing and prospective clients and to ensure that the Agency is front-of mind.
- To strategise, energise and drive the securing of new accounts for the agency.
- To be a sensor for client satisfaction and to influence the necessary strategic and operational issues to keep such satisfaction at optimum levels.
- To be able to distinguish between critical and non-critical clients and to influence agency decision-making to focus valuable time and resources on the right clients.
- Work closely with Traffic & Production to ensure efficiencies and smooth running of client related issues
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant industry related Degree
- Solid business acumen, with management experience
- Fully integrated agency experience including ATL; BTL and digital.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others
- Experience in managing teams and employees reporting into them
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities/discerning
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analysis and resolution at strategic and functional levels
- Customer service orientation and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound project management skills
- Sound communication skills
- Budget formulation and management skills
- Strategic skills (understanding of client category & market trends)
- Ability to liaise and direct media
- Ability to work in fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment
The consultant will get back to you