Looking to shake things up in your career while experiencing new things on the Horn of Africa? How does Ethiopia sound? We have an exciting job opportunity for a mid-weight Client Service Director/Group Account Director at a leading, independently owned full-service advertising agency in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This role will see you responsible for ensuring the development of new businesses and lead the AE team to complete projects to a specific schedule and within agreed budgets.
Did you know that Ethiopia is one of the fastest growing economies in Africa and boasts a wealth of enticing opportunities? The successful candidate will join the agency working on a range of blue-chip accounts that cover a full spectrum of categories from FMCG and Alcohol brands through to Banking, NGOs and Airlines. They have their own in-house Research, Creative, Digital, Media Buying, PR, and Audio-visual Production teams. This is a superb opportunity for someone skilled and dynamic to experience life beyond our borders – apply today!
- Directs and manages the AEs to deliver on client projects ensuring quality, efficiency and profit.
- Recruits, coaches and manages performance evaluations for team
- Ensure collaboration with all departments
- Assists with the agency’s future and helps set up short- and long-term goals and objectives in business planning objectives
- Contributes to the client planning process, selling full-service solutions, and ensuring that the capacity of client service compliments the business needs.
- Ability to direct simultaneous projects and ensure they are delivered on time
- Devote considerable time to clients and their teams to foster strong and long-term relationships
- Cultivate client relationships through meetings and phone calls to understand their business, expectations and needs and that the agency delights our clients continuously
- Client management
- Working with account teams to craft strategies, develop creative approaches and manage budget.
- Lead and approve budgets and expenses and generate reports as needed
- Financial management, control and stewardship of the projects in order to maintain profitability
- Supports execution of business strategy and promotes adoption and adherence to financial requirements
- Manages collections of fees and bonus from client.
- Analyses actual expenditure, explains variances, and determines options in use of available budget to meet real needs
- Assesses financial performance and instigates required improvements of profitability.
- Manage with other team leads pitching process for new business acquisition.
- Ability to lead teams, work under pressure and negotiation skills.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant Degree
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention detail imperative
- Deadline oriented
- Must have ATL Advertising Agency experience
- Must have 360degree experience in ATL; BTL and a good understanding of digital
- Must have previous experience in managing a client service team
- Must have ability to manage and nurture relationships with clients.