Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an outstanding job opportunity for a mid-weight Communications Specialist Writer at a highly prestigious, leading global financial services company based in Cape Town. We’re looking for a true wordsmith to work as communications specialist alongside the existing marketing team to identify, communicate and execute marketing plans. This is a writing role and as such includes drafting and editing of messaging across digital and traditional marketing, internal communications, events collateral and direct client communication. Your industrious attitude and ability to work independently, excellent attention to detail and editing skills are key. Perhaps you are a former financial journalist or possess the experience and robust understanding of and passion for financial writing; either way, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
- Work alongside the marketing team to conceptualise and develop marketing campaigns that support the business objectives of the various sales channels (institutional, advisor and investment platform businesses respectively) with a specific focus on the communications elements of projects. This includes but is not limited to drafting and/or editing copy for social media, marketing emails, invitations, advertising, newsletters and client letters
- Drive the creation of content for marketing material, editorial and insight/viewpoint pieces
- Brief creative marketing team to deliver quality marketing outputs for the client group within agreed time frames and on budget
- May be called upon to co-ordinate the agenda, logistics, branding and marketing collateral requirements for events
- Engage and brief third parties, including creative agencies, where applicable
- Ensure that all marketing material distributed to clients has been approved where applicable by product, legal and internal stakeholders, as well as compliance.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Business Science Marketing Degree, Business Management Degree or relevant Journalism qualification – desirable
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant writing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Previous investment and financial services writing and editing experience
- A good understanding of financial markets
- Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate high attention to detail
- Good organisation and project management skills
- Good at managing multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Motivated and energetic
- A self-starter
- Able to understand the needs of the sales channels and proactively seek opportunities to translate these to marketing deliverables.
Please submit a relevant writing portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.