Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
The Cape Town office of a leading retail focused advertising agency has a job opportunity for a highly Conceptual Digital Designer to join their Creative Team to work on a retail fashion account. We are looking for someone who is multi-skilled in the Digital realm to join their close-knit team and become a part of delivering quality 360 Digital campaigns to be proud of. We want a dedicated Conceptual Digital Designer with experience as a front-end developer – someone with the skillset to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough designs for multiple media platforms such as web banners, newsletters, social media and website elements. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork; and must be able to conceptualise digital campaigns and creatively solve problems effectively. An eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure, as well as being up to date with the latest digital marketing trends, techniques and technologies are essential requirements. Bring your conceptual digital portfolio, decent knowledge of UI/UX and fashion forward thinking and make this awesome role yours. How soon can you start?
- Coding of mailers
- Updating websites
- Developing, planning and refining a concept and interpretation for the visible and structural elements of a digital project (website, CD-ROM presentation, etc.) based on the brief and brand fundamentals
- Produce HTML/CSS from PSD design, ensuring exceptionally high quality
- Use jQuery to enhance websites
- Ensure consistency of email campaigns across multiple channels and browsers
- Updating site content via CMS systems (Expression Engine)
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code from designs
- App and Web Design
- Art Direction – both digital and ATL
- Digital Design
- Social Media Posts
- UX and UI Design
- Web Banners.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3+ years’ relevant experience, preferably in an advertising agency
- Relevant degree or diploma
- SEO knowledge
- Experience working on fashion brands from a Digital perspective – a plus
- Exact target knowledge
- Design skills
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles
- HTML and WordPress
- XHTML/ HTML5
- CSS 2 & 3
- Responsive Design (Media Queries)
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Able to work independently
- Up to date with evolving web standards (HTML5, CSS3) and best practices
- A good understanding of CSS frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop and converting PSD’s into functioning templates
- Experienced in building responsive sites with media queries
- Experience in debugging cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues
- A high attention to detail
- Able to ensure the technical feasibility of UI and UX designs
- Able to ensure that all user input is validated before submitting information
- Able to ensure your code is W3C compliant and works across all popular browsers, both web and mobile
- Able to work closely with the UI designers to translate their UI designs into pixel perfect code
- Skilled in creating newsletters and promo mailers which work across all mail clients.
Please submit your relevant portfolio (as a link/PDF) along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.